• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

An Application Request For The Iphone

TheManInBlack

Banned
Hello coders and such out there, If you would like an idea that could give you some money i request this app be made

Call it the

PuzzleWiki app

what i would like included is, well. EVERYTHING! yes thats right all the oll algs pll and every algorithm in that sucker. And if possible show the cube animations that the puzzle wiki offers!

I would pay big bucks for this app to be made. I dont use badmephistos algs i use a variety and this would help me so much on the go. Thanks!

Last edited:

TheManInBlack

Banned
Doesn't the iphone have a web browser? :confused:

Yes it has safari, but i find that zooming in and out is a pain. With the puzzlewiki app the idea would be to implement all algorithms in a viewable organized state. Just a touch of the screen and you will be firing away.

It could be something like badmephisto algorithms app but with all the wiki apps.

Last edited:

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whoa, two finger zoom is a pain? You can't just copy and paste them yourself into a file?

Here you are complaining that about what Donovan does, and how tight you are with your money, but you want to throw it away to some iphone developer.

At any point, back on topic: Talk to Dan Cohen, at least. He made iiTimer, and I'm sure with enough (that's the keyword here) money you could convince him to do this sort of work.

TheManInBlack

Banned
Whoa, two finger zoom is a pain? You can't just copy and paste them yourself into a file?

Here you are complaining that about what Donovan does, and how tight you are with your money, but you want to throw it away to some iphone developer.

At any point, back on topic: Talk to Dan Cohen, at least. He made iiTimer, and I'm sure with enough (that's the keyword here) money you could convince him to do this sort of work.

Lol, Not really its just annoying I guess, And I apologized to Donovan in my recent post. I think profit could be made from creating an app such as this. Also, thanks for telling me to talk to Dan for pre developmental plans. I would love to see an application such as this come out for the iPhone/Android. It would be like the main application for your phone (If you are that into cubing ) and i see a potential profit gain.

anyway if Dan is looking here he would have to message me about price plans and such, Thanks

CubicNL

WCA
2011WILD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it would be great if there was such an app, BUT:
I think it's indeed pointless; There aren't that many people who have problems with the zooming or smth like that and you could also just get some algs when your at your computer and write them down or something. Besides, I don't even think you'll use it that much to actually learn algs..

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do think that an appDB using the wiki could be nice, but I don't see the demand for it. Especially not enough demand to warrant the work needed to put it together. It seems to me that most people would just browse the wiki instead.