• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Belgian Open 2008 - Results

KJiptner

WCA
2007JIPT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Edouard Chambon won the Belgian Open 2008 with an average of 12.66 seconds. Erik Akkersdijk finished second (12.94) and Milán Baticz finished third (13.37).
World records: Erik Akkersdijk 4x4 57.15 (average), 5x5 1:28.66 (single) 1:36.02 (average), Megaminx 1:01.78 (single) 1:07.70 (average), Mátyás Kuti Magic 0.86 (single), Master Magic 1.72 (single).
European records: Edouard Chambon 3x3 12:31 (average), Rama Temmink 3x3 one-handed 20.72 (average).

Check out the full results guys... soooooo crazy!

Props to Tim and Dennis for their NRs!

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, that looks like a great competition to have been at, I am so jealous :( . I must comment on fewest moves lol, 6/11 DNF? You had all that time and you didn't get a full solution down? tut tut, disappointing, save the last 10 minutes to make sure you write down a full solution, I would say is the best strategy.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, but try to do it in competition, 10 minutes is nothing when you have to write down the turns, check and double check.

I did FMC in competiton once, had it all done but had not time to check, and when the solution was tested we found I wrote a L2 instead of F2 at one place = DNF, one of many possible ways to DNF.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
It doesn't look like he has been practicing much. DNF'ing twice in a comp for BLD, DNF'ed a magic, etc. His 2x2 times were pretty high considering he used to hold the WR avg. His 4x4 looks quite high too.

Overall though, awesome competition.

MistArts

Kuti beat Magic record.... for fastest and slowest...

Tim tried to beat Kuti's mutli-BLD....(try again)

Must been fun there...

Last edited:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, but try to do it in competition, 10 minutes is nothing when you have to write down the turns, check and double check.

I did FMC in competiton once, had it all done but had not time to check, and when the solution was tested we found I wrote a L2 instead of F2 at one place = DNF, one of many possible ways to DNF.

What I mean is, specifically reserve the last 10 minutes to write down any adjustments to your solve, and then check/double check. I'm sure these people could all get the scramble out quickly, and then check their solve in less than a minute. Even in less than 2 minutes would allow for 5 check overs...

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

What I mean is, specifically reserve the last 10 minutes to write down any adjustments to your solve, and then check/double check. I'm sure these people could all get the scramble out quickly, and then check their solve in less than a minute. Even in less than 2 minutes would allow for 5 check overs...

Have you ever tried FMC at a competition? With 15 minutes left, I once decided to to check my solution, just in case. I couldn't manage to scramble correctly even once by the end of those 15 minutes.
(At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it went. If not, I still had a lot of trouble and got a DNF.)