• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ignore threads in "new posts"

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
An "ignore thread" option that lets me mark threads to ignore so they don't appear on the "new posts" page again, that would be incredibly helpful.

mkriegs

If you're talking about the UserCP there's an "unsubscribe" button below each thread that does what you're talking about.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Stefan,
That would be an adventure to create a hack for that. I will look into it, but can't make any guarantees on it.

I'm still stuck on getting the applets working through BBcode.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're talking about the UserCP
No, I'm talking about the "new posts" page.

That's how I follow this forum. And the same threads I've already decided to not read keep popping up again and again so I have to manually ignore them many times. I'd rather spend the time/nerves on the threads I'm interested in.

Pat, googling for "ignore threads" vbulletin finds a lot, including some already existing hacks. I'm not able to judge how good/easy they are, though.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Stefan,
Most of those that come up are for ignoring threads are for ignoring posts in search results. I will do some searching to see if I can find something in the next several days. It is funny that this thread is ranked 5th on the search term you suggested ;).