• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan 4 - LunHui

Shamankian

This cube (the prototype atleast) is FREAKING AWESOME! I mean.. I picked up the ZhanChi and was like "OMG THIS IS A BIT BETTER THAN THE GUHONG!!!!". Then my LunHui arrives... and it's Alot better than the ZhanChi! like Alot Alot (I wonder how an Alot made out of Alots look like.. hmm...).

/Kian

Shamankian

Unfortunately I'm unable to do so.. unless of course you send me a camera? :D no? :( didn't think so. I might pick up a webcam some time so I can start doing reviews, but.. I dont know :p but you got my word on it that it's amazing!

Shamankian

As stated just above, I would love to do it, but it would have to wait atleast untill I get myself a webcam since I have no way of filming myself (or the cube for that matter). I apologize for not being able to back up my statement.

/Kian

Shamankian

I bought it (along with the ZhanChi) from WitEden when they were in stock. I got no idea if you can still get them anywhere on the webz.

I would also like to add, that the LunHui kinda got the feel of an A-f III, because it is so loose. It extremely fast and cut corners nicely (normal cuts are a bit less than the ZhanChi and the GuHong, but it can cut 40 degrees with a bit of force, maybe 42.. and it can reverse cut a tiny bit less than a full cubie), so I guess I prefer it because of the speed.

/Kian

Last edited:

Shamankian

I would guess it's ABS, I know my proto-type is made of ABS. However if you aren't too keen to get it, I will order it right away and I can tell you when it arrives! :D (3-ish weeks :p)

Calvin Laza

Looks like Witeden dropped the price, too, from $22 for the prototype to $12 DYI/$13 assembled.

The icubemart guy was talking on utube about pre-ordering zhanchis from his site, and I think he mentioned something about Lunhuis, as well. But then the product got delayed and I think he dropped the pre-order option.

I don't want to repeat my MF8 Legend mistake where I bought it straight from China instead of pre-ordering from Cube Depot, then I had to wait for a piece of mail with no tracking for a month. Does anyone know if speedcubeshop, icubemart, cube depot or other US based companies offer preorders for Zhanchi and/or Lunhuis?

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
Looks like Witeden dropped the price, too, from $22 for the prototype to $12 DYI/$13 assembled.

The icubemart guy was talking on utube about pre-ordering zhanchis from his site, and I think he mentioned something about Lunhuis, as well. But then the product got delayed and I think he dropped the pre-order option.

I don't want to repeat my MF8 Legend mistake where I bought it straight from China instead of pre-ordering from Cube Depot, then I had to wait for a piece of mail with no tracking for a month. Does anyone know if speedcubeshop, icubemart, cube depot or other US based companies offer preorders for Zhanchi and/or Lunhuis?

I'm not sure, but I'm with you, I'm not ordering this cube until it's in a US-based shop.

And yay for another person from Portland on the forum :D

Selkie

Premium Member
WCA
2011WRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Have to say I am very impressed with the prototype I have and would use it for main if it was black. I have ordered from Witeden on a couple of occasions (including the prototype) and will be happy to order from there, especially as there will be no UK stockist.

My main scepticism, if I have any, is how the new part on the inside of the edges that hook under the corners to eliminate popping will stand up after a few 1000 solves. I guess the quality of plastic is more important on this DaYan to any prior for this reason.