• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan 4 - LunHui

M4rQu5

I suppose this too goes best with Lubix? That you don't have to relube so often.

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
Dayan 4 LunHui will be on sale in 1 month. color options include black, white, yellow, red, orange, green, blue and limited versions include pink and transparent
Dayan 5 ZhanChi will be a little later. the designer is working on that to make it better

daniel0731ex

My own interpretation of how the name should be translated:

DaYan - Wild Goose

GuHong - Lone Goose

LingYun - Soaring High

LunHuei - Da Capo

ZhanChi - Spread Wings

I was actually stressing over how LunHuei would be translated. The thing about this "LunHuei" is that the originally intended meaning is not necessarily referring to the particular Buddist belief, but rather the realization of returning to the origin after a journey (could be physical, but it's usually in the abstract senses). In this case, the name need to have a connotative meaning, aside from the direct "beginning" meaning, that implys the completion of a journey. Therefore I figured the figure of speech "Da Capo" would be a sufficient fit to paraphrase the deep meaning in this Chinese name.

edit: NVM The creator of the cube just posted a thread explaining the origin of the name. It IS referring to metempsychosis...

Last edited: