• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Warp Scale for Speedcubing

Pyjam

Premium Member
I just thought that it would be fun to have a warp scale to measure performance.

I’ve thought that Warp-N would mean you can solve N cubes per minute.

So, Warp-1 is 1 cube per minute. Congratulation you just broke the 1-minute barrier.
Warp-2 is sub-30
Warp-3 is sub-20
Warp-4 is sub-15
Warp-5 is sub-12
Warp-6 is sub-10
Warp-7 is sub-8.5
Warp-8 is sub-7.5

The Faz is the only engine who broke the Warp-9 barrier or sub-6.67 during a competition.

Who will be the first to reach the mythical warp-10 or sub-6 ?

EDIT : The extended Warp scale !

Sorry, I fail to configure Excel to use point instead of comma.

Last edited:

Dacuba

this is a pretty good idea imo. I like how the difference between sub15 and sub10 is represented compared to sub60 and sub30 :)

and it shows how noob sub20 actually is (I'm noob with sub20 too but im practising :p)

Last edited:

Pyjam

Premium Member
I believe that Faz really generates a warp field because his seconds are obviously much much longer than mine. :)

Anonymous

It's a clever scale, but it is *technically* incorrect. For instance, sub-20 doesn't necessarily correspond with warp-3. In fact, I would doubt that it ever does. I doubt that someone who averages 19 seconds could solve 3 cubes sub-1, because of inspection, picking up cubes / putting them down, etc.

It's still a cool way of thinking about it though. ;)

kvaele

Interesting! I really like this scale! Anonymous, its not meant to be that literal. I think a cool feature of this scale is that there is a correlation between this and the fact that it takes longer to get faster as your times go down, and levels are fairly close to taking the same amount of time as opposed to the time it would take if the scale was one level per 5 seconds instead, if that makes any sense at all.

Erzz

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like how the numbers correspond to common barriers. Coincidence? Or did we always subconsciously think about it that way?

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited: