• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thom S.

r2 for 4bld is a lot like M2 for 3bld. So learning M2 first will help you have an easier time.
M2 used to be THE intermediate edges method, but isn't as much anymore because it uses a bad buffer.

WCA
2023COTT01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
r2 for 4bld is a lot like M2 for 3bld. So learning M2 first will help you have an easier time.
M2 used to be THE intermediate edges method, but isn't as much anymore because it uses a bad buffer.
Wait if M2 is bad now what's the best intermediate method for edges (I'm learning bld and want to switch to one as soon as I'm comfortable with OP)

I disagree. There are many people who are Sub-30 currently and only use M2/OP. Orozco isn't really that much better from M2. If you are planning to be advanced, instead of learning Orozco, you could go straight into 3-Style.

Thom S.

Wait if M2 is bad now what's the best intermediate method for edges (I'm learning bld and want to switch to one as soon as I'm comfortable with OP)
Still M2. It's just that some pro BLDers recommend jumping straight into 3-Style now instead of switching buffers until you are good, then switching again.
Orozco is often recommended for Corners, not that much for edges, although it is viable for some that don't want to put in the whole effort for Full commutators.

I disagree. There are many people who are Sub-30 currently and only use M2/OP.
So you disagree with the general consensus because the Suboptimal method is still good? It's not like what I said is an opinion, it's how the community shifted.
Back in like 2013-2015 I remember DF 3-Style edges being used by some that came from M2 but you don't hear about it that much today either.
If you want to get good in BLD, use M2/OP, if you want to make it big, jump into 3-Style.