• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Damien Porter

WCA
2012PORT01
I would be very annoyed if I was doing my memo in a comp and I could here the guy next to me saying his. I personally say mine under my breath so no one else can here.

Also it could be looked on as cheating to people you might be assisting.

youSurname

Yeah I see what you mean with the assistance thing, though what about for other events like 3x3 if someone said their cross solution aloud? Not that anyone actually does this. I think not memorising aloud is more of an unspoken rule. I personally would also find it annoying if someone was memorising aloud next to me.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Theres no problem, if you say your memo to you not very loud. I mena on the level, you hear, but the competiotor close to you hears it not well or doesn't hear.

Damien Porter

WCA
2012PORT01
Quick question for those that do multiblind. Do you ensure that all of your cubes are exactly the same. I have made the switch to stickerless cubes and particularly like using them for blind solving, problem being I only have 2 reasonable stickerless 3x3x3's.

So I think I would like to probably get 10 more stickerless cubes. Should I make sure they are all exactly the same? Any advice on a retailer that would do a good deal on 10 stickerless cubes including postage to Australia?

Thanks in advance guys.

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick question for those that do multiblind. Do you ensure that all of your cubes are exactly the same. I have made the switch to stickerless cubes and particularly like using them for blind solving, problem being I only have 2 reasonable stickerless 3x3x3's.

So I think I would like to probably get 10 more stickerless cubes. Should I make sure they are all exactly the same? Any advice on a retailer that would do a good deal on 10 stickerless cubes including postage to Australia?

Thanks in advance guys.
I have 16 guanlongs that have all had hardware added, lubed, tensioned and restickered. I love them haha.

Joel2274

Ok, this is a long question and will take a lot to explain, but the answer should be short and that is why it is in the one answer question thread.
So I just started learning how to blind solve about a month ago and I am almost ready to try my first solve but there is one problem that I don't understand with the edges using M2. First, let me try to picture this in your mind. The bumper sticker (the bottom of the FD edge) has to go into the A position in the M slice (or some other letter if we are using different letter schemes) all the videos I've watched and articles I've read tell me to simple do M2, and that puts it into the A position after your next target swap. But the thing I don't understand is, what if after the do M2 (and put the bumper sticker into the A Position) the next sticker that cycles into the bumper position, ALSO needs to go into the A position using M2 (after the centers have been swapped.) The same thing applies when it needs to go the the sticker behind the A position, what happens if after you execute the algorithm to get it behind A, the NEXT sticker also needs to go behind A (again after the centers have been swapped using M2.)

Any help would be great on this because this is the last thing I need to know before I start blindsolving.
P.S. I promise this long post was my last option because I couldn't find any good tutorials on what to do

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The answer is simple. When you shoot next target to A you dont shoot it to A because earlier you do setup to put your sticker in A posiotion. Next you do M2 and undo setup. In fact in the second case you shoot a piece not to A but to the next target. After the cycle only 3 edges has changed. For example DF-UB-BR you do M2 (shoot to UB) - U R' U' (setup to place BR in UB postion but UB stikcer is elsewhere at the time) M2 (interchange with buffer), U R U' to und setup and place BU edge in its correct posiotion.

Joel2274

The answer is simple. When you shoot next target to A you dont shoot it to A because earlier you do setup to put your sticker in A posiotion. Next you do M2 and undo setup. In fact in the second case you shoot a piece not to A but to the next target. After the cycle only 3 edges has changed. For example DF-UB-BR you do M2 (shoot to UB) - U R' U' (setup to place BR in UB postion but UB stikcer is elsewhere at the time) M2 (interchange with buffer), U R U' to und setup and place BU edge in its correct posiotion.

Ok, that helps more but since you said when this happens to shoot for the next target, what if there IS no next target and those are the last two? Or is that not possible?