• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

slinky773

WCA
2014LEEY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You just use algs for those, and they're all relatively easy. I'll list mine, and the non-4 movers you can also use for 4BLD.

UB: M2
BU: B' U R' B U' M2 U B' R U' B
UF: U2 M' U2 M'
FU: F E' (R U R') E (R U' R') F'
DB: M U2 M U2
BD: F (R U R') E' (R U' R') E F'

Basically if your target is the second letter of a letter pair, you do the mirrored alg. (If you have FU, do the BD alg, if you have DB, do UF alg)

Also, watch Noah's video on M2 if you haven't already. You should really just experiment with doing a couple of edges only solves and seeing what the M slice target algs do, in terms of what pieces they switch. I learned M2 to a good level in like 2 days. It's really not that hard.

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also, watch Noah's video on M2 if you haven't already. You should really just experiment with doing a couple of edges only solves and seeing what the M slice target algs do, in terms of what pieces they switch. I learned M2 to a good level in like 2 days. It's really not that hard.
Yes, slinky is right, make sure you watch Noah's videos. Btw, he lists different algs, but these are easier to learn imo. Plus they work for 4BLD if you ever want to get into that.

SolveThatCube

WCA
2014ADCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I have, that's where I learnt from. I think I get the hang of it, it will just be a bit confusing the first couple of times but I'll get used to it. :)

slinky773

WCA
2014LEEY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Marcell some time ago said:
-When disturbed by the memo of previous attempts, try to set some themes for your stories. I started doing this for 5BLD: the first memo was to be very weird and funny, the second to be a bloodshed, the third very sexual - this covered the "best of 3", but I had some other themes as well (frightening, disguisting etc).

If you have a set list of letter pairs that you always use (for efficiency), how can you make themes for your stories? isn't it kind of at the whim of how your letter pairs go? So then is the themes thing where you do stuff like "a Duck (DC) waddling around the Joker (JK)" and that can be "a Duck murdering the Joker"?

Just a clarification.

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
For 4BLD, is there any memo & execution order that seems to work well for most people?
I used to do centers-edges-corners|centers-edges-corners, but I've now switched to edges-corners-centers|centers-corners-edges.