• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jezuz

This parity fix method would be perfect for you (Noah also uses UBL/DF with edges first. It's also what I do).

Edit: Your current parity alg will actually still work, believe it or not, as long as you use UBL/DF with edges first. Just solve the last edge target using M2, do your parity alg, solve the corners and then do the last target with OP. Slower than Noah's method though.

Thank you for this!

deadmanlsh

WCA
2014HALE02
What is the best way to handle 4x4 using 3-style? My current method is:
Memo Centers
Memo Edges
Memo Corners
Solve Corners
Solve Centers
Solve Edges
Flip Buffer Edge - I use UF as the buffer. If there is an odd number of targets, I will make FU and UF swapped, which is basically the 4x4 parity case.
PLL Parity - If there is a parity for corners, I will either do the PLL parity and do an F-Perm or do a y first to do a T-Perm. Not sure which is faster for me.

Does this seem okay? Or should I make it more move/speed optimal by learning to finish parity in a faster way?

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the best way to handle 4x4 using 3-style? My current method is:
Memo Centers
Memo Edges
Memo Corners
Solve Corners
Solve Centers
Solve Edges
Flip Buffer Edge - I use UF as the buffer. If there is an odd number of targets, I will make FU and UF swapped, which is basically the 4x4 parity case.
PLL Parity - If there is a parity for corners, I will either do the PLL parity and do an F-Perm or do a y first to do a T-Perm. Not sure which is faster for me.

Does this seem okay? Or should I make it more move/speed optimal by learning to finish parity in a faster way?

Sounds like what most people do! You should be fine, just practice and stay strict to your system and you'll improve :) The only difference I do is to swap Memo Edges and Memo Centers, so that I can use audio sounds for centers (which is a bit faster for me, personally, but using audio sounds for wings is OK too)

Maybe consider using Bill Wang's alg - R U R' F' U' r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 Uw2 U' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U'

edit: lol, just tried this alg for the first time on a 5x5x5, didn't realize it swaps two +-centers. Luckily I don't use it for 5BLD

Last edited:

deadmanlsh

WCA
2014HALE02
Thank you! It's nice to know that this system is widely used. I am not that good at BLD events, so I guess I'll have to start practicing regularly instead of doing it once a week/month. I don't think I'll use the algorithm, though. Once again, thank you for your tips!

szalejot

WCA
2015HERM01
I am using M2 with DF as a buffer.
I am looking for some good 'edge-flip' alg.
I know
 Twizzle link 
M U M U M U M U2 M U M U M U M
but for this alg buffer and target has to be in upper layer. In my case buffer is in lower layer, and target is in upper.
Any help appreciated :)

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you want to flip DF and UB, you could just setup with an F2, and undo that afterwards. Or you could use B' U R' B U' M2 U B' R U' B M2, which is centersafe for big cubes if you're using it for 5BLD or something.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am using M2 with DF as a buffer.
I am looking for some good 'edge-flip' alg.
I know
 Twizzle link 
M U M U M U M U2 M U M U M U M
but for this alg buffer and target has to be in upper layer. In my case buffer is in lower layer, and target is in upper.
Any help appreciated :)

DF and UF - U M' U' M' U' M' U' M U' M' U' M' U' M' U' M U2, which is a setup + cancellation of:
DF and UB - [U' M' U' M' U' M' U' M]*2

Also, why not M2 U' M' U' M' U2 M U' M U' M U2 M?

Wolverine

I just started to learn Blind Cubing ,I'm currently M2/R2 method
Is this method good for multi blind cubing ? and if it's not then what's the best method ?
one more question , In Muti BLD ranking , what are these two numbers ?
For Example : Marcin Kowalczyk 41/41 54:14
Or : Grzegorz Jałocha 26/28 57:32

Last edited:

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just started to learn Blind Cubing ,I'm currently M2/R2 method
Is this method good for multi blind cubing ? and if it's not then what's the best method ?
one more question , In Muti BLD ranking , what are these two numbers ?
For Example : Marcin Kowalczyk 41/41 54:14
Or : Grzegorz Jałocha 26/28 57:32
Multi BLD execution is the same as 3BLD execution. The fastest method is 3-style.

41/41 means 41 cubes out of 41 were solved. Next to it is the time it took (MBLD has a 1-hour limit).
The points you get are the cubes solved minus cubes unsolved. So 26/28 = 26-2 = 24 points. So 24/24 in 57:31 would rank higher than Grzegorz.

Wolverine

So it doesn't matter how many Cubes you want to solve ? , FOR EXAMPLE if you want to solve 100 Cube , you will still have One hour limit ?
How would do it then ?

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah there's always a 1 hour limit. Unless you're doing less than 6 cubes, in which case you have 10 minutes per cube (4 cubes would be a 40 minute time limit). If you reach the limit you have to stop.

If you want to solve 100 cubes, you'll have to be fast. Faster than anyone is capable of right now.

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well you'd need fast memory more than you'd need fast fingers. Old-style Multi had no time limit. It's good that we have a limit now though, it would be such a hassle organizing unlimited MBLDs. Anyone going for a WR would have to give up every other event at a comp so they can do MBLD all day.

Wolverine

Yeah you're right , there should be a time limit but not like this ; 5 Cubes : 50 Minutes - 50 Cubes : 60 Minutes !.!.!
I think It would be better if they gave 2-3 minutes for each Cube no matter how many you pick , that would make more sense

Last edited:

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
In M2 and I get "A" or "Q" in my second letter in my pair EG: "B A" or "B Q" whats the mirror of this because "K" and "U" dont have algs?
You don't need to mirror A or Q, because they never get switched. Even though they are on the M-slice, they don't switch every time because they get moved out of the M-slice by setup moves before you do the M2, and then go back to where they were.
For A and Q, you always to the same algorithm without worrying if it's an even or odd target.

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah you're right , there should be a time limit but not like this ; 5 Cubes : 50 Minutes - 50 Cubes : 60 Minutes !.!.!
I think It would be better if they gave 2-3 minutes for each Cube no matter how many you pick , that would make more sense

Okay so 2-3 min per cube, times 1 hour, that's 20-30 cubes per hour. Want to know how many people have even tried that? 14. And only 5 have solved 20+ in one hour.

that would make more sense

Let me fix that for you:

that would make absolutely zero sense whatsoever