• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with M2 edges.

First of all, I'm getting a bit lost tracking which edges I've already put in my sequence and which still needed to be added when I end a sequence. Also, I get a bit confused when dealing with DF/FD and UB/BU edges. If I'm on an odd number, and I get DF/FD, I have to end my sequence, right? If I'm on an even number and I get BU/UB, the same applies? It seems to work, but I often get left with both misoriented UB and DF edges without being on an odd (and using the parity sequence). I've tried doing M2, then parity, but I get left with misoriented edges at UL and UB. I think guides cover this, but maybe I just am interpreting the information incorrectly, and hearing it a different way might help me. Thank you.

thatkid

WCA
2012SEET01
First of all, I'm getting a bit lost tracking which edges I've already put in my sequence and which still needed to be added when I end a sequence.

I assume you're talking about breaking into cycles. I always have a set place to shoot to when my buffer is solved, but it can be hard to keep track

Also, I get a bit confused when dealing with DF/FD and UB/BU edges. If I'm on an odd number, and I get DF/FD, I have to end my sequence, right? If I'm on an even number and I get BU/UB, the same applies?

This is just flipped edges. You can use algs to flip edges and then you should be fine.

If it's an even number and you get BU then just shoot to BU and your buffer should fix itself. Then it's just parity

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I assume you're talking about breaking into cycles. I always have a set place to shoot to when my buffer is solved, but it can be hard to keep track

This is just flipped edges. You can use algs to flip edges and then you should be fine.

If it's an even number and you get BU then just shoot to BU and your buffer should fix itself. Then it's just parity

Thanks for the quick reply!

Which alg is that? I don't remember seeing it.

calci

I'm using letter pair images for edges and audio loop for corners.
Memo order: edge, then corner
Execution order: corner, then edge
and for parity cases: after solving all the corners (except the odd one), I skip that last corner, keep in mind that I need to solve it at the end with the last edge (by set it up to 1 of the 22LL cases).

My question is how do I remember flipped edges and twisted corners in an efficient way? (Currently I remember it by visual memory but I don't know if it is the best way).

speedcxber

Hi,
Currently learning old pochmann, and I feel like I need someone to explain fully the meaning of 'cycles', how they work, how they are recognised etc. Thats my only question so any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I got a 5x5 and want to try 5bld, but how do you solve parity? Centers and 2 swapped wings transfer from 4BLD, but I can't figure out the rest.

Execution order would be centers, corners, wings, midges (unless midges, wings is better).
I use U2/old pochmann/r2/M2

yoinneroid

WCA
2010UTOM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I got a 5x5 and want to try 5bld, but how do you solve parity? Centers and 2 swapped wings transfer from 4BLD, but I can't figure out the rest.

Execution order would be centers, corners, wings, midges (unless midges, wings is better).

do Rw2 F2 U2 r2 U2 F2 Rw2 somewhere
basically you will solve the midges and corner similar to how you do parity in 3x3, but you will need to make a whole tredges of the parity edges

thatkid

WCA
2012SEET01

are you trying to destroy everyone's chance to get a new blind OcR? :p

szalejot

WCA
2015HERM01
I identified, that I cannot do many BLD solves in a row, it messes my memo. Every 2 or 3 solves I have to do few minutes break (do some sighted solves, watch some internet) and then return to BLD. If I try to do like 10 BLD in a row I finish with most DNF's.

Do you think it is a bad thing that I should somehow eliminate? Or should I do not worry and just make breaks during practice?

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do as many as you're comfortable with. The more you practice the more you can do in a row.

Turns out I'm still confused about 5BLD.
So if I have odd corners/midges (using old pochmann and m2) I was thinking I could:

Do a J(a) perm after corners (fix edges and break corners), then after midges do the parity alg (U' F2 U M2 U2 (Rw2 Uw2 F2 r2 F2 Uw2 Rw2) U F2 U) to break edges and fix m-slice, and then do another J(a) to fix corners and edges.

Would using that and the standard way to fix wing parity on 4BLD cover everything for 5BLD? If that even works.

thatkid

WCA
2012SEET01
Do as many as you're comfortable with. The more you practice the more you can do in a row.

Turns out I'm still confused about 5BLD.
So if I have odd corners/midges (using old pochmann and m2) I was thinking I could:

Do a J(a) perm after corners (fix edges and break corners), then after midges do the parity alg (U' F2 U M2 U2 (Rw2 Uw2 F2 r2 F2 Uw2 Rw2) U F2 U) to break edges and fix m-slice, and then do another J(a) to fix corners and edges.

Would using that and the standard way to fix wing parity on 4BLD cover everything for 5BLD? If that even works.

wing parity is different to midge parity. I execute midges before corners so the way I do it is that when I have odd midges I perform U' F2 U m2 U' F2 U which solves the m-slice and switches midges UB and UL. Then i execute corners and when I finish I'm left with UB and UL swapped wings (not midges because they were solved using Y-perms). Then y2 sexy Rw2 Fw2 U2 r2 U2 Fw2 Rw2

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
In bld how will you know if a corner is twisted.

Welcome to the forums. You should put that question in here:

http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?27353-One-answer-BLD-question-thread-blind/page466

To answer your question, you need to spot it during inspection. First thing you should do is check all the corners to see if any are twisted or already solved. Also, you can deduce it mathematically. If you finish memorizing the corners, and you end up with only 6 to memorize (and no cycle breaks), it means there's one corner that's either solved or twisted.