• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Awww. Cuz I'm having trouble memorizing. E.g. I'd walk into a room to get something and by the time I was there I'd have forgotten. What memorizing methods do you recommend?

Assign a letter to each sticker, memorize in sets of 2 and create a word. I.e. -> Example (letter pairs)

Create images for each pair and make them interact. BT LG -> a BaT sat on a LoG

Place these interactions along a route (look up Roman Rooms/Journey Method.) Consider making audio sounds (BH -> BaH.) or using visual as well.

Read this.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

MorrisKid101

That's a pretty bad way to memorize. Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JNpJaRccRE

See below.

Not exactly an everyday object but mozilla firefox may work. I would suggest using letters instead though.

I've decided to go for a chocolate orange, but thanks for the help btw. And I've tried letters, and they don't work for me. Besides, I'm not going to learn speed BLD.

Thanks, that really helped :) Good idea btw :)

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And I've tried letters, and they don't work for me. Besides, I'm not going to learn speed BLD.

How do you distinguish between the blue sticker on blue-orange and the orange sticker on blue-orange? Wouldn't a letter scheme get rid of that confusion entirely?

If you use letter pairs, you can have half as many images.

Is your problem that you have trouble coming up with the words?

axis

I have a problem with the pochman method. I know that parity happens when you have odd number of edges and corners but when i open a new cycle the i don't know if i have parity. can you explain the parity stuff and cycles stuff but realy long so i can understand it very well?
Thank you:)

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a problem with the pochman method. I know that parity happens when you have odd number of edges and corners but when i open a new cycle the i don't know if i have parity. can you explain the parity stuff and cycles stuff but realy long so i can understand it very well?
Thank you:)

This is how it works.

Parity occurs when you memorize an odd number of targets. When you break into a new cycle, nothing changes. If you have odd number, parity. If not, no parity. Sorry not long but not much to say.

Cubenovice

Forever Slow
This is how it works.

Parity occurs when you memorize an odd number of targets. When you break into a new cycle, nothing changes. If you have odd number, parity. If not, no parity. Sorry not long but not much to say.

Not quite...

When I have an uneven number of edge targets I have Parity but also an uneven number of corner targets.
Sum of uneven edges and uneven corners is ...

So don't just call it "uneven targets".

To the OP: so as soon as you are finished memoing your first set of targets (either edges or corners) you will know if you have parity.

Extra info: if you find an uneven number of targets in your first set of targets and an even number in your second you've made a mistake somewhere :)

Twins

I started with 333 BLD about month ago and I using OP method for edges and corners.
My times are 4-6 minutes (2:30-4:00 memo and 1:30.2:00 execution).

I know that method is not a limitation for now.
How much faster is M2 method for edges? When is recommended to start learn M2?