• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nickmaovich

Hi there. How should i actually train BH algorithms itself?
I mean, there is so much algorithms, and just by blindsolving the chance you solve all in one day is very small.
I know ~270 / 378 corners for now, understand commutators, but sometimes just missing A9-s. Thought to just randomize list of letter-pairs, and do the actual algorithm. Any ideas please?

DYGH.Tjen

WCA
2012TJEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
hi

MultiBLD - Are mini cubes allowed? Mini type A etc? Even if your other cubes are regular-sized.
BLD/4BLD/Multi- Are you allowed to touch the cube after you end the solve? Like picking it up to check to see whether it is a success/DNF?

LarsN

WCA
2008NIEL01
1. I don't see anything in the regulations that would not allow you to use different sized cubes.

2. Always let the judge check before you touch it. But you don't need to pick it up. Chances are that if the 5 visible faces are solved, the 6th should be fine too :)

aronpm

@Tjen AFAIK mini cubes are OK in multi if you have seen Chester's former MBLD WR although I personally think it shouldn't as it could help in a way :)

Why? AVs feel different to FIIs also. And tiles feel different from stickers. And different cubes have subtle different weights. And you arrange your cubes in a grid. Should we make people: use only 1 model of cube, stickered identically, all weighted the same, and randomly sorted after memorisation?

AbstractAlg

WCA
2012OKAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best speed com for ULB-FLD-LFU?

R D2 R' F A-perm F' R D2 R'
It's a cyclic shift case, those aren't nice, so probably 3-stylers know some handy algorithm.

- - - -

Today I've done tracking exercise (record times how long it takes to track all pieces without any memo and tracking with saying letter of the piece).

Pure tracking:
best: 8.79 (a bit lucky), 9.94 (nonlucky)
average times 11.2-12.9 (pretty consistent)

Tracking with saying letter:
best 8.75 (!)
average times 13-15

Full memo:
best: 18
average times: 20-25

Are that okay times? Incredibly, but still without sub1. :'P

(thanks aron for giving me that exercise a while ago, it really does improve memo :D )

Last edited:

drewsopchak

WCA
2010SOPC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess all just stick to thr regular Z Y2 alg.
R D2 R' F A-perm F' R D2 R'
It's a cyclic shift case, those aren't nice, so probably 3-stylers know some handy algorithm.

- - - -

Today I've done tracking exercise (record times how long it takes to track all pieces without any memo and tracking with saying letter of the piece).

Pure tracking:
best: 8.79 (a bit lucky), 9.94 (nonlucky)
average times 11.2-12.9 (pretty consistent)

Tracking with saying letter:
best 8.75 (!)
average times 13-15

Full memo:
best: 18
average times: 20-25

Are that okay times? Incredibly, but still without sub1. :'P

(thanks aron for giving me that exercise a while ago, it really does improve memo :D )

aronpm

I do: D (F2 [L' U' L2 U L] F2 [L' U' L2 U L]) D'

Cyclic shifts can be set up into an A9:
Uw' (R2 D2 R' U2 R D2 R' U2 R') Uw
y' D' (R2 D2 R' U2 R D2 R' U2 R') D y
You can replace that Uw'/Uw with U'/U and get U' R2 D2 R' U2 R D2 R' U2 R' U