• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Site idea

Zarxrax

First off, I dunno if this would be feasible for here at the speedsolving forums, of if it might be better as a standalone site, but I had an idea that I thought would be pretty cool.

While going through the wiki trying to pick out OLL algs that I like, I was getting kind of annoyed because with the huge list of algs, I kept forgetting which one I had picked out for each case.
I guess the solution to this would be to make up a spreadsheet or something for myself, and list my chosen algs in it, but thats such a hassle.

So what I was thinking, is it would be really cool if there was a page that just listed all the cases, and I could write down my chosen algorithm beside each case and save it to my account.
The really awesome part is that I could now easily share my algs with someone else by just providing a link to the page.
Or if I wanted to see what kind of algs Faz or someone is using, I could just view his page!

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That would just be part of a user's profile, which to my best guess, each user in the user table has all of their profile information stored with it. Granted they could make separate tables for this, it just seems like (more than) a tid bit of extra work that might or might not get used that much. Don't forget that OLL = 57 cases, PLL = 21, then CMLL, or COLL, CLL for 2x2, EG0/1/2, etc. I've actually thought about a website idea that incorporates your idea, but still a bit different.

Juju

Another great feature would be to show how many people, and who use each alg for PLL and OLL etc, so that people can easily see the most popular ones.

choza244

WCA
2011FLAR01
I really like this idea, it would be awesome to have the algs you use in a section in your profile, I don't know if it would be har to implement but the idea is really useful.

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
Yeah this is a really good idea. And for each case, you could put up two algorithms, and allow other people to add their own, adding up to a huge selection of algorithms!

Anonymous

This sounds really cool, actually. If it's ever implemented (either here or outside SS), I just hope it's not limited to OLL and PLL... *cough* COLL plz *cough*

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First off, I dunno if this would be feasible for here at the speedsolving forums, of if it might be better as a standalone site, but I had an idea that I thought would be pretty cool.

While going through the wiki trying to pick out OLL algs that I like, I was getting kind of annoyed because with the huge list of algs, I kept forgetting which one I had picked out for each case.
I guess the solution to this would be to make up a spreadsheet or something for myself, and list my chosen algs in it, but thats such a hassle.

So what I was thinking, is it would be really cool if there was a page that just listed all the cases, and I could write down my chosen algorithm beside each case and save it to my account.
The really awesome part is that I could now easily share my algs with someone else by just providing a link to the page.
Or if I wanted to see what kind of algs Faz or someone is using, I could just view his page!

No it isn't. I'm doing it for BH algs (~600 of them).

Anonymous

No it isn't. I'm doing it for BH algs (~600 of them).

I saw you post in another thread about BH... so you're going to learn all the algs instead of learning comms?

Edit: Don't take that as a scornful comment- I don't even know a lot about commutators, and learning 600 algs for a BLD method would be far beyond me, so either one is impressive to me. I was just curious, because I assumed that for almost everyone, the second one would be a much smaller time investment.