• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Question about Weekly Comps

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, How do you know if a Weekly competition is closed and where can you find the results if it is?
The reason I am asking is that I was looking at some of the old ones and they haven't closed yet (such as 2011-01)
Also, where an you see how many points you have?

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is no exact shedule for the comps besides that Mike is doing a great job creating new scrables once a week. Mats is taking care of the results when he has time for it, usally 7-10 days after the scrambles was posted but not always (when he has collected the results he posts them to the end of the tread for that week).

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I believe that the comps officially end on the Friday night each week. But there are always a few people who forget to post their results before then (myself included sometimes), so Mats (who does the results) often very kindly lets you submit them a bit late, even after he has done the initial results.
Mike generates the new scrambles and posts them in a thread usually just before the previous one closes

EDIT: We're in week 2011-02 atm

Lumej

Not Friday...:
Mike posts this in the first post in each weekly comp said:
This competition starts now and ends wednesday/thursday nightchange (officialy), but I will only close a competition after the new one is on-line. If a competition doesn't start at wednesday/thursday nightchange you still get the full 7 days to participate.