• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Has anyone tried to stop you doing your rubiks cube?

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My parents will not let me buy cubes with my own money.
When I asked for a new 4x4 (my mom's friend broke my old Meffert's 4x4) She says "How many cubes did I buy you?"
I reply with "None" (Its true I purchased all mine)
I usually find it rather humorous.

Even if its over don't they go with the time on the stopwatch?

Hahahahaha!

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tell your mom its the same "unhealthy" obsession as her and her TV watching is like. In truth, cubing is just another way to use you time.

My mon told me the same thing. I am interested in the cube when he lost his popularity. The passion and probably not fashionable.

I'm the man of return of the cube with my show tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OtkGDYDyAo

KitKat

My mum.... she thinks im addicted to it or something.. so she tried "helping" me with by throwing away my 7by7 cube... i hate her so much for that!!! :( .... geez parents!!!

Last edited:

cuberr

My dad tries to stop me from doing the cube all the time. I learned in August and after a few months he started to get extremely angry whenever I would start cubing. He thinks it's a waste of time. Recently he hasn't said anything about it though which has been much more helpful. Having someone scream at you while you're cubing is never fun. I just remember the one time I was doing my first Ao100 and he literally was going to like throw me out the window because he wanted to leave to go somewhere and I told him to wait a couple of minutes because I had to finish. Honestly I just think it's ridiculous how mad some people get. It's something I really love to do and it's a great hobby. My brother's away in college but when he gets home he usually says stuff to me too. So, I've officially come to the conclusion that if I want to cube I have to go to my room. As long as you don't lose interest in anything else there should be no reason your mom thinks it's an "unhealthy obsession".

Your Mother

YouTube
Visit Channel
There are so many people posting about his bad grammar, when I have hardly seen any posts on here that actually have perfect grammar.

Dylan, as somebody has stated before, mention to her that you could be spending your free time doing something else, such as drugs, crime, etc. Also, show here your report card, if it is actually good, and show her that it is possibly helping, or not affecting negatively, your grades. My opinion is that you should give her a scrambled Rubik's Cube, and let her [try to] solve it. Also mention to her that there are over 43 quintillion possible positions for a Rubik's Cube to [legitimately] scrambled into. Maybe then she will finally realize that it takes some serious skill, time, patience, and knowledge to be able to solve every single one of those >43 quintillion cube positions. Hope this helped!

Sincerely, John

Dylan

Premium Member
By the way, get a better cube than type A. If you are sure you want a type A, get the A-V. (A 5)

A guy on this site directed me to his website they have an offer to A-V cube on buy one get one half price, <----_ coughcoughGRAMMERcouch anyway should i get this for $18 all toghether?

Dylan

Premium Member
Can you solve a 3x3x3 in less than 10 minutes?
my 10 time average for the 3x3x3 is 1.20 and i use a cube which is as stiff as something really stiff :| but i really need to get fast at fridrich f2l because it takes me the best part of 45 seconds to do, i need to learn alot more OLL to. So my situation is not really great with my cube.