• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Forum awards ideas.

Novriil

WCA
2009KRUU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi!

Right now the forum awards are in one thread. I think what we (actually more what administrators and moderators) should do is to do a sub-forum/sub-sub-forum (Under off-topic) where are many threads. Each thread is for one award. At first users make threads. Then admins check them and delete some repeating/inappropriate threads. Then users start nominating. The get into the poll every user must be nominated 2.. times? It depends. Then admins make a poll into the same thread where the nominated names are in. So people can vote.
In the end on the year somebody makes a conclusion. A thread where every award-winner is in.

These are my ideas.

Uku

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think no.
First of all, should have just said this in the thread.
Too much work. The forum awards shouldn't be treated like the Grammy's. We just do this to go back and see what certain members were in the spotlight for.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
Is it better to find the votes from the thread?

do you want to create 37 polls?

And besides, as you pointed out in your original post, in order to create the poll, you would have to wait for responses anyway to find out what options to put in the poll. Defeats the purpose as you still have to look through the thread.