• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Prisma Puzzle Timer

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
The version I'm using doesn't have skewb, can someone link me? I'm using Windows 7 btw.

Add a new category, name it "skewb" and then under scramble type select skewb. Not sure why there isn't a default category for this but its in there if you create it. Not sure what kind of scrambles are generated but it works

gj matt

WCA
2015HARN01
Okay so I've downloaded and verified that I have the latest version of Java, but no matter what I try I can't access the timer. I double click it and the file opens in winrar, and when I choose "Open with" and select Java, the prompt "Datavase error: IO Exception: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\System32\puzzletimer.lock.db (Access is Denied)";"C:\Windows\System32\puzzletimer.lock.db"[90031-137]" Comes up.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

hawkmp4

Okay so I've downloaded and verified that I have the latest version of Java, but no matter what I try I can't access the timer. I double click it and the file opens in winrar, and when I choose "Open with" and select Java, the prompt "Datavase error: IO Exception: "java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Windows\System32\puzzletimer.lock.db (Access is Denied)";"C:\Windows\System32\puzzletimer.lock.db"[90031-137]" Comes up.

I'm not the author, but...

Are you downloading it and saving it to the System32 folder? If so- don't. Put it on your desktop to start with.

If not-

if you go to that folder in the error (C:\Windows\System32\), is there a file called puzzletimer.lock.db?

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01

Yeah, sounds like you're jar file is in the System32 folder. Move it to somewhere like your documents or desktop.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but is there a possible patch in the future that will let us connect the Gen3 Stackmats to Prisma Puzzle Timer?

Try this: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?44228-Prisma-Puzzle-Timer-Requests

JediJupiter

WCA
2014DICK01
I'm not the author, but...

Are you downloading it and saving it to the System32 folder? If so- don't. Put it on your desktop to start with.

If not-

if you go to that folder in the error (C:\Windows\System32\), is there a file called puzzletimer.lock.db?

I downloaded it straight to the desktop to start with and still got the error, and there was no file with that name in system32. :(

EDIT: This was fixed by putting the .jar into the recycling bin, then restoring it. No idea why, though.

Last edited: