• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do I make Acube work

cuBerBruce

WCA
2006NORS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I'm guessing you downloaded the Java version of ACube. Did you read the !readme!.1st and ACube.txt files? Do you have Java (the Java Runtime Environment aka JRE) installed?

If you're using Windows, you need to open a Command Prompt window, cd to the JACube folder, and enter a command such as:
java -cp ACube3.jar ACube fao

(The above command is for having ACube generate all optimal solutions in the face turn metric.)

BigSams

UInless you're absolutely bent on ACube, just use Cube Explorer. It has a great interface and just so easy to use.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
I know you can gray out pieces on cube explorer, but last time I did that and hit the solve button, it came up with an error message saying something along the lines of "you haven't fully defined the position"

Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, it's awesome. That combined with jarcs allows me to omit having to use CubeExplorer completely.

I find most of my algs with the frontend Dan made for Acube.

ACUBE FTW1!!?!?!1

Now if only I could learn how to use Ksolve I'd be set :p

BigSams

I know you can gray out pieces on cube explorer, but last time I did that and hit the solve button, it came up with an error message saying something along the lines of "you haven't fully defined the position"

Can someone please tell me how to do this?

I have a feeling that you grayed out only some of the facelets of a cubie. You either gray out the whole cubie or click while holding CTRL or SHIFT. I'll PM you.

EDIT: @Kirjava, could you list the features that make ACube better than CE? I played with it for some time 2 years ago but the experience was rather.. unpleasant. Maybe I was too hasty in judging it.

Last edited:

BigSams

I've tried both. CE feels better. But there might be things that ACube has but CE doesn't, which I dont know about.

To OP: Just checked CE. It can exclude certain faces entirely, but as far as I can tell, it can't exclude or include quarter turns or half turns of a face specifically.