• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Addiction Or Dedication?

CubingCockney

Hey guys, are you addicted or dedicated?

I probably solve around 250 times each day and I seriously can't help myself. I'm always buying new cubes, watching videos, looking at forums (well this one) and you get the idea. I was wondering, how many times do you solve a day? How many cubes do you have? Is cubing your favourite hobby?

BUT, it all boils down to one question....Are you addicted or dedicated?

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Addicted. I do usually between 1-5 solves per day. Sometimes I'll do as many as 10, but only when I want to change things up.
---> Big cube BLD solves of course. 10 solves is when I do 3x3x3 BLD on the same day as well.

oprah62

WCA
2010PEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm devoted because I wanted to get faster, to reach my full potential, and I have a love for the cube.
However, I take breaks and relax often.

Tyjet66

YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to get faster but I neither am addicted or dedicated. If I was either of those, I would solve the cube more often, I would say I do it maybe 50 times a week, and there are days I don't even look at the damn thing.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So addicted that I've been hit by a Taxi before... because I would solve while walking, and stupid me not crossing a round and NOT cubing at the same time...

I've also driven under the influence (of cubing). Let's just say it was a long boring drive to Oklahoma open... :p

There are also very few people that own a store (like myself) filled with twisty puzzles... and be addicted at the same time. Well, I'm actually cubing less now since I've been open for 3 months. I have higher priorities now for the business, apart from the cubing aspect of it.

Also, when I get speedcubers in my store, they're like 8 yr olds in a candy store... they often empty their wallets and walk out with a handful of puzzles. There was one kid absolutely obsessed with touching everything, he also had butter fingers! Since then I've built a "puzzle hospital" that sits at the end of my desk. I spend an hour every night reassembling puzzles.