• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] World Domination, Day 1

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah I was thinking about the mirrored solving as well when I noticed no y2 cube rotations. That makes sense, you both use the same physical buffer location on the cube, but it is in a different spot for each of you. Plus, all the algs are mirrored as well! (Intense!)

I HAVE to try this with someone at my next competition! That looks like SO much fun! Is anyone up for it?

By the way, I absolutely LOVE the reaction to the solved cube from both of you! Must have been an amazing feeling!

Chris

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks Tim, that was a lot of fun and an awesome feeling when we got it. Haven't felt that excited about a blindsolve in a long time.

Was there any communication during memeorization phase?
No, no communication during memo or solve. The whole method including all possible decisions was defined beforehand. We even tried to make all turns sound the same to avoid unintentional communication: We *always* picked the cube up, even for U turns, and we only did quarter turns (SQTM) to avoid double-flick sounds or long turn sounds giving away how far we were.

Next Step: Multi with Kai... Would be awesome...
Or Kai could join the two of us, I'd like to try a threesome.

one person has to mirror his moves though (Stefan's idea of course :p).
Yeah I was thinking about the mirrored solving as well when I noticed no y2 cube rotations. That makes sense
Not mirrored. Rotated! But when I first suggested it, I said mirrored as well :D. We both adapted for this, I rotated my usual view by y2 so our hands don't get in the way all the time, and Tim rotated his color scheme by x2 to match mine (and he still memorized much faster than me (not hard, though, given how uber-slow I am :p)).

Must have been an amazing feeling!
Oh YES!

This was our third attempt, btw. The first attempt two weeks ago we each made one wrong turn, the second attempt earlier today I messed up like shown in the video and we had a misunderstanding about a method detail which we clarified before the third attempt (video analysis ftw). Third time was a charm.

Last edited: