• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lid

WCA
2008LIDS01
Those two are pretty nice (& similar):
V: R' U R' d' R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F
F: R' U2 R' d' R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R U' F

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to use those algs, as I learnt from badmephisto, but I also struggled to execute the d' fast. These were my two slowest PLLS.

If you really want to adapt those algs for finger tricks, then feel free, but I recently switched to this F perm:

(R' U' F') (R U R' U') (R' F) (R2 U' R' U') (R U R')) (U R)

Notice the bit in green is the T perm alg - so basically T perm with setup and modified ending. It's really fast, as your fingers already know how to bash out a T perm quick.

I requested a V perm alg here a while back, and someone suggested these.

I went for the 1st one, and it's also really fast, definitely sub-1-able.

At first I thought I needed all PLL algs that only use R/U, because I struggled with everything else, but after replacing my E with "(y x') R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D' (x)", I realised that U and D can be really smooth, fast, and easy to execute.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was just going through the ZBLL list on the wiki looking for 2GLL algorithms, when I saw this. Does anyone know any 2G algorithms shorter than 19 moves?

17 is optimal htm for <R,U>

R U R2 U' R2 U' R U2 R U2 R U' R2 U' R2 U R
R' U' R2 U R2 U R' U2 R' U2 R' U R2 U R2 U' R'

20 is optimal qtm for <R,U>

R U R' U R U' R' U R2 U R U R U' R' U' R' U R'
R' U' R U' R' U R U' R2 U' R' U' R' U R U R U' R