• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for a pretty specific kind of alg, so I'm not sure that anyone will have one. I need a PBL alg for the 3x3, that swaps two corners diagnolly in one face, while keeping the other faces corners in place in relation to eachother. It also needs to keep the middle layer edges in the middle layer, preserves edge orientation, and swaps middle edges an odd number of times. It does not matter how it permutes the top or bottom 4 edges. (Keep in mind that a PBL alg means that it preserves corner orientation) I would really an optimal algorithms for this that is not more than 12 moves. I have been using CubeSolver to search for one, but I have not found one yet.

cannon4747

WCA
2011vili01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need some pbls for ortega. are there any for corner swaps on the bottom layer only? like in the pic?

heres my crappy pics

I tried using the 5x5 algorithm for this but it doesn't work. I'm trying to solve the last 2 edges, 1 edge has four black/green pieces and one red/blue, the other has four red/blue and 1 black/green. So I need to switch them. The front looks like this: where A is blue, B is black, C is green, D is red, E is everything else

EEEEEEE
AEEEEEC
BEEEEED
BEEEEED
BEEEEED
BEEEEED
EEEEEEE

What is the algorithm for this?

Also how do you solve the last 2 edges fast, I just do random things until it works. I don't understand any of the videos and there aren't many

the algorithm you're looking for will swap two wing edges and leave the rest of the cube untouched. there is a 4x4 parity algorithm based on it with some setup moves added. do this to a solved 5x5 (or even 4x4) to see what it does and you'll get it:

l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2

thats the pure version, I usually use this. The non pure version is exactly the same but it uses Rw and Lw turns (both inner and outer layers) instead of r and l (just inner layers):

Lw' U2 Lw' U2 F2 Lw' F2 Rw U2 Rw' U2 Lw2

EDIT: i just noticed it's for 7x7, don't worry though. its the same. just do the pure version on the layer slice with the pieces on it that need to be affected. just try it on a solved cube like I said earlier to get a good feel for what it does.

Last edited:

KrisM

YouTube
Visit Channel
On a 5x5, when the last two edges need only to have 2 wing edges swapped, but are on opposite sides of the cube (but in the same slice), with the wing edges also on the same inner slice. That might be hard to understand, but an alg would be AWESOME

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm looking for a pretty specific kind of alg, so I'm not sure that anyone will have one. I need a PBL alg for the 3x3, that swaps two corners diagnolly in one face, while keeping the other faces corners in place in relation to eachother. It also needs to keep the middle layer edges in the middle layer, preserves edge orientation, and swaps middle edges an odd number of times. It does not matter how it permutes the top or bottom 4 edges. (Keep in mind that a PBL alg means that it preserves corner orientation) I would really an optimal algorithms for this that is not more than 12 moves. I have been using CubeSolver to search for one, but I have not found one yet.

I think you accidentally a word there

this is probably faster than cubesolver

Bruce6335

WCA
2015WISE01
Short algorithms for solving 2x2 yellow top?

Im learning the ortega method for 2x2x2 I know most of the algorithms for solving the yellow part(or top whatever colour is on top) but some of them are quite long I wanted to know if there are any shorter methods for solving the 1st case on the 3rd line http://www.freewebs.com/kippy33/ORTEGA.pdf its quite hard learninga new algorithim I just didnt know 2 of them and still after learning those I need to learn 2 more its not alot but im still learning 3 off them trying to keep them in my mind if you have any shorter algorithms for any off them please let me know

Bruce6335

WCA
2015WISE01
3x3x3 fridich algorithms

Hey, I started learning the 3x3 in September and in February got my personal best of 35 seconds but now I have started learning advanced method can someone pass a site with short algorithms for F2L & OLL maybe even PLL? I'm getting mine off this Brazilian site http://www.cubovelocidade.com.br/solucoes/3x3x3-avancado.html and there are heaps of algorithms that are way long I was wondering if there are any shorter ones... I know some of them cause I started learning in February.

TopCuber

Both OLL and PLL algs can be found at cubewhiz.com Choose CFOP from the bar at the top.

scylla

WCA
2006kasp02
Im looking for my own ELL algorithm for THE case H PLL with opposite flipped edges. I used to execute it on feeling, not als an algorithm. Since 2 days I lost it. I only know it starts with RU2, probably followed by R, R' or R2 and probably only uses U, R and B. Cant find it at regular algorithm lists. Anyone can help me?

Lid

WCA
2008LIDS01
Should be this one mirrored & rotated : R' U2 R U' R' U' R' F R2 U R' U' R' F' R2 --> R U2 R' U R U R B' R2 U' R U R B R2

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
anyone have a good OLL 29?
currently using M U (R U R' U') (R' F R F') M' but wondering if there's a better one cause the grip and angle is just the worst.