• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

omer

Im looking for an algorithm for both N perms without regrips and wide turns any suggestions?
(R U R' U) (Swap UR and UF, URF and URB AKA J-perm) U' R
and I forgot the last 2 moves and I have no cube on me but they're easy to figure out

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
(R U R' U) (Swap UR and UF, URF and URB AKA J-perm) U' R
and I forgot the last 2 moves and I have no cube on me but they're easy to figure out

You don't even need a cube to figure them out. Just finish undoing the setup.

Sweet alg do you have any for the other N perm?

Just mirror the previous one.

Another possibility for the N-perm: (R U' L U2 R' U L')^2.

Last edited:

CubeRoots

WCA
2012LIVS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4x4x4 LL algs : orient dedges (alg for orienting 3 dedges) & permute dedges (I know EPLL and adj/opp parity, what i want to know are the other two i think they are called O-perm and ?Q? perm? basically the two kinds of 4 cycle you can get)

purpose is I want to do orient dedges COLL permute dedges for my LL.

whauk

WCA
2008KARL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
orient 3 dedges: [R B' R': (any OLL parity that flips UF and swaps UR and UL)]
O-perm: [R U R' U' L' U' L U: PLL-parity]
for the third case i always use PLL-parity and U-perm.

CubeRoots

WCA
2012LIVS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
orient 3 dedges: [R B' R': (any OLL parity that flips UF and swaps UR and UL)]
O-perm: [R U R' U' L' U' L U: PLL-parity]
for the third case i always use PLL-parity and U-perm.

hmm the O-perm seems to be broken... sounds interesting i want it to work. when you say PLL parity you mean the usual opposite edges parity right?

For permuting 4 dedges (a 4-cycles of dedges), see this.

For a 3 dedge flip, there might be some pure flips you would like, even though you don't need to preserve corners.
But here and here are 3 flips which don't preserve corners. (Just look at the notes under the second "here" link).

thankyou

Oneriwien

Help, v cube 7 parity, can't find algorithms

I tried using the 5x5 algorithm for this but it doesn't work. I'm trying to solve the last 2 edges, 1 edge has four black/green pieces and one red/blue, the other has four red/blue and 1 black/green. So I need to switch them. The front looks like this: where A is blue, B is black, C is green, D is red, E is everything else

EEEEEEE
AEEEEEC
BEEEEED
BEEEEED
BEEEEED
BEEEEED
EEEEEEE

What is the algorithm for this?

Also how do you solve the last 2 edges fast, I just do random things until it works. I don't understand any of the videos and there aren't many

Last edited: