• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
D

Daniel Lin

I am learning beginners method on 4x4, and i need a good last 2 edge pairs alg. anybody know some easy ones?
you don't need a specific alg for L2E. You can just put them both on the E layer, slice over, flip the edge, and slice back.
If you're looking for an edge flipping alg, pick one of these
(R U R' U') F' U F
R U R' (F R' F' R)
(F' U' F U) R U' R')
F' U' F (R' F R F')
(F R' F' R) F' U F
(R' F R F') R U' R'

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need an easy to remember OLL parity alg for the 4x4. anybody got one?
I'm not sure if "adjacent double parity" is acceptable, but I just made a video showing probably the easiest edge parity algorithm (which preserves both centers and dedges) to memorize! Let me know what you think! The alg is in the video description, if you want to skip watching the video, but I recommend watching to get the background and a head start for memorizing.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need an easy to remember OLL parity alg for the 4x4. anybody got one?

r U2 x r U2 r U2 r' U2 l U2 r' U2 r U2 r' U2 r' <-- click to see animation

Except for the last move, each wide turn is followed by U2. There is 1 rotation after the first pair of moves. Apart from a single Lw move in the middle, the rest of the wide moves are Rw. Simplified it looks like this:

r U2 x
r U2
r U2
r' U2
l U2
r' U2
r U2
r' U2
r'

Then group it how you like to execute it. My basic execution looks like this:

r U2 x
r U2 r U2 r' U2
l U2
r' U2 r U2 r' U2 r'

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I've got an FMC case that should be painfully simple, but I need one last alg. Two adjacent edges need to be flipped. All the pieces are in place, just flipping the two edges. It's the weekly comp scramble on here, and I got a 58 move solution in an hour, which is about typical for me, but I had another go to see what I could do with a little more time and I ended up with two adjacent flipped edges and a U move from solved in 27 moves. I guess a PLL skip isn't as good as an OLL skip, but I'm still pretty excited about this solution even if it doesn't count for anything.
FMC Almost.jpg

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
F U D R2 U2 R' U R U R2 D' F'
Optimal.
27+12=39 turns solution, nice!

+ U2 = 40 Thanks! Now I've just got to figure out how to come up with that on my own. And I suppose in the grand scheme even 40 isn't really all that competitive, especially when it's a lucky solve, but I think I'm getting better.

Solvador Cubi

I have looked through lists of algs around here and have not found what I'm looking for so I'm posing it to the community.
https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/OLL#OLL_23
https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/i...DB?mode=view&view=default&puzzle=3&group=COLL

The following simple 8 move algs orient 2 corners and preserve edge orientation and use only sexy move and sledge hammer. nice.

Blinkers on Left (r U R' U') (r' F R F') (8)

Bowtie from */_ F' (r U R' U') r' F R (8)

I have not seen such a great one for the headlights case, though.
I was hoping to find one that's 12 moves or fewer, because any more than that and 2 sunes can solve it with 14 moves.

This is the best I've found that is decent, but has an inverse sexy move.

Headlights on Back (R U' R' U) F' (L F' L' F ) F (R' F R F') (13)

Is there such an alg?

Solvador Cubi

I found one! After hours of pulling out pairs and inserting them back in different ways and in different slots....

This algorithm will correct OLL case #23 (headlights), which preserves edge orientation but does not preserve permutation of either corners or edges.

F (R U R' U') (R' F R F') F’ (L' U2 L) (12, 14)

I think it has a nice feel and flow and it uses a right hand sexy move, a sledge hammer and a left hand sexy move variation.
(with a couple extra F turns in there, too.)

woohoo!

I added it to the wiki on this page: https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/i...e=view&view=default&puzzle=3&group=OLL&cid=23

Last edited: