• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm currently using that first alg, but that second one is great. Thank you!

visualcube.php

Another option (pretty much the same thing is)

R U R' U' R U R' U' r U r'

LexTrew

Much better, thank you!

But it's certainly not worth to do U2 M' U2 M2 U2 M' U2 M2 over E2 M E2 M'?

I cant do E without locking up, and M and U turns are easier to do

Last edited by a moderator:
WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
But it's certainly not worth to do U2 M' U2 M2 U2 M' U2 M2 over E2 M E2 M'?

personal preference

I cant do E without locking up, and M and U turns are easier to do

try this (but you can do the E2 a little differently, maybe flick with index then middle)

Yep, that's why most people use the E2 alg.

guroux and I have switched to the MU alg. we think the regrip before the E2 isnt worth it and its pretty easy to cancel into the MU alg. either way is viable though.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
guroux and I have switched to the MU alg. we think the regrip before the E2 isnt worth it and its pretty easy to cancel into the MU alg. either way is viable though.

Oh, really? I never knew that. I do agree it's very easy to cancel into MU solutions though - if you spot UFUB as being solved before inserting ULUR you can always find a better solution.

WolfSage

Last Layer Help?

Hello!

I'm new to the forums and I've been having the hardest time with the last layer. Two corners on one side are correct but that's it. I can't find an algorithm to solve this.

http://imgur.com/a/h36p6

Can anyone make heads or tails of this?

Thank you!
Tori

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello!

I'm new to the forums and I've been having the hardest time with the last layer. Two corners on one side are correct but that's it. I can't find an algorithm to solve this.

Thank you!
Tori

The next step is cross on top. Hold the solved edges in an L facing the left then do F (R U R' U') (R U R' U') F'. You'll then get a corner OLL case to solve then you can either CPLL/EPLL or look up the full PLL.

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello!

Thank you!
Tori

What method are you using to solve the cube? If you are using a corners first last layer method you have to first permute the corners before you can solve them completely. If all you want to do is get them to have yellow on top, place the two solved corners on the right side of the cube and doing F R U R' U' F', should do it. If you want to permute the corners you can also place the solved corners on the right and do R U' L' U R' U' L.

WolfSage

The next step is cross on top. Hold the solved edges in an L facing the left then do F (R U R' U') (R U R' U') F'. You'll then get a corner OLL case to solve then you can either CPLL/EPLL or look up the full PLL.

That's my problem, though. The two solved pieces are not in an "L" or a straight line. This is the top view. "C" means "correct piece". "I" means "incorrect piece".

CII
ICI
CII

LexTrew

That's my problem, though. The two solved pieces are not in an "L" or a straight line. This is the top view. "C" means "correct piece". "I" means "incorrect piece".

CII
ICI
CII

Then you have a dot. You have to do the same alg ( F (R U R' U') (R U R' U') F' ), and you will get the L, then you do it again (with the L facing left) and you will get the line, and then you do it again and you will get the cross

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel

CII
ICI
CII

Do you understand the difference between edges and corners? Edges are the pieces with two stickers on them, during this step you want to get the yellow side of the pieces to face upwards. We call this orienting them. You don't have to worry about the sides and you don't have to worry about the corners until the edges are oriented, again knowing the guide you are following would help.

Then you have a dot. You have to do the same alg ( F (R U R' U') (R U R' U') F' ), and you will get the L, then you do it again (with the L facing left) and you will get the line, and then you do it again and you will get the cross

He does not have a dot, he is is seeing the oriented edges as an "incorrect piece", because he is worrying about the permutation of the piece.