• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have a good algorithm 53 (Frying Pan) and 54 (Anti Frying Pan) ? Right now I'm trying to memorize the ones that start with Rw and Rw'... but they don't feel right and i can't remember those algorithms. Are there any better/faster/easier algs like maybe ones with triggers in them? Also if the algs i mentioned above have a good video on how to execute them, it wold help as well. thanks

Both cases are solved with double Wide Sune.

If you want different algs, try the Wiki or http://algdb.net/

53 is Wide Sune from the back twice:
r' U' R U' R' U R U' R' U2 r

54 is Wide Sune from the front twice:
r U R' U R U' R' U R U2 r'

Sune:
R U R' U R U2 R'

Wide Sune, you add M' at the start and M to the end, which both cancel to wide R moves:
M' (R U R' U R U2 R') M
=
r U R' U R U2 r'

and if you do it twice you cancel moves:
r U R' U R (U2 r' r U) R' U R U2 r'

transatlantic

And it's mirror for the other one.
They're just the same as the double headlights OLL but with wide turns.
Execute them like the normal double headlight

thanks but that is the algorithm i have and the one causing me problem. do you know any others? I mean this question i kinda stupid cause I've already done the research and couldn't find anything, but when i was looking for a better Na Perm, i found like 8 different ones I've never heard of or seen on cube wiki or elsewhere online. for example i use [z]( U R' D )R2( U' R D' )X2

which is 14 moves instead of 17 like the standard one i was using before. i just wanted to know if there were more good algs for OLL 53 and 54...

Both cases are solved with double Wide Sune.

If you want different algs, try the Wiki or http://algdb.net/

53 is Wide Sune from the back twice:
r' U' R U' R' U R U' R' U2 r

54 is Wide Sune from the front twice:

Sune:
R U R' U R U2 R'

Wide Sune, you add M' at the start and M to the end, which both cancel to wide R moves:
M' (R U R' U R U2 R') M
=
r U R' U R U2 r'

and if you do it twice you cancel moves:
r U R' U R (U2 r' r U) R' U R U2 r'

Aw ok i get it, but i only know sure and anti sune so its really difficult to remember how to do 53 because i don't understand sure or wide sune from the back.

and the M moves are great, they work a lot better for me, but what would be the exact algorithms for 53 and 54 if you were to use the M an M' moves on the ends instead of r and r'?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
and the M moves are great, they work a lot better for me, but what would be the exact algorithms for 53 and 54 if you were to use the M an M' moves on the ends instead of r and r'?
thanks

M' R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' M

You wouldn't do that though, since M' R does the same thing as Rw and r.
Do you already know the double sune algorithm?

transatlantic

M' R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' M

You wouldn't do that though, since M' R does the same thing as Rw and r.
Do you already know the double sune algorithm?

yeah i kinda figured that out now about the Rw moves. and no i don't know the double sun algorithm or, i can't remember most of the time and it doesn't feel like a quick sequence with muscle memory like the sune or antisune.

i would have thought double sune would be R U R' U R U2 R' ) x 2 , but i guess you do (R U R' U R) (U' R' U R) then ( U2 R' )

so i don't know why they call it double sune because the ( U' R' U R ) has nothing to do with the sune alg. so anyway thats what I'm having trouble with cause it doesn't make sense to me when i think double sure. is ( U' R' U R ) a trigger?

can you explain?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah i kinda figured that out now about the Rw moves. and no i don't know the double sun algorithm or, i can't remember most of the time and it doesn't feel like a quick sequence with muscle memory like the sune or antisune.

i would have thought double sune would be R U R' U R U2 R' ) x 2 , but i guess you do (R U R' U R) (U' R' U R) then ( U2 R' )

so i don't know why they call it double sune because the ( U' R' U R ) has nothing to do with the sune alg. so anyway thats what I'm having trouble with cause it doesn't make sense to me when i think double sure. is ( U' R' U R ) a trigger?

can you explain?
If you do (R U R' U R U2 R')2 and cancel moves...
R U R' U R U2 R' R U R' U R U2 R'
R U R' U R U2 U R' U R U2 R'
R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R'
... you get the alg with (U' R' U R).

Artic

Starting from the case below but then applying y' U to set up the case I need, does anyone know any good rotationless algs to insert into the BR slot? How do you guys quickly and efficiently deal with it? thanks

F2L35.png

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Artic

R' U M' U' R U' R' U' R [U2 M]

F2B alg, then solve cross. Not great, but it's rotationless.

It's definitely fast and smooth though. Does it mess up the cross? As a cfoper I would of course like to avoid that.

Artic

It does mess up the cross if you don't do the U2 M at the end. The U2 M is resolving the cross afterwards.

Great! Right now I'm rotating to solve this case which is OKAY, but this case has been annoying me for a while. Thanks Louis.

If anyone has any others algs I'd definitely like to hear them.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Best place for 2GLLs?
I don't really know of a best place, but there's algdb.net (the ZBLL section contains 2GLLs, since it's a subset of ZBLL) and this. Not sure of any other places, but there are some links to ZBLL lists here and some 2GLL-only lists here.
The best thing to do would be to check several places and decide which alg you like best.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't really know of a best place, but there's algdb.net (the ZBLL section contains 2GLLs, since it's a subset of ZBLL) and this. Not sure of any other places, but there are some links to ZBLL lists here and some 2GLL-only lists here.
The best thing to do would be to check several places and decide which alg you like best.

Yeah, I just didn't want to sort through them on my own :( But thanks