• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

nanocube

Hi,

Could someone tell me what is the best way to flip two correctly placed and neighboring edges (red -blue for example) when solving the cross on the bottom. (flip them only, not flip + exchange places).

Thanks in advance,

nanocube.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

Could someone tell me what is the best way to flip two correctly placed and neighboring edges (red -blue for example) when solving the cross on the bottom. (flip them only, not flip + exchange places).

Thanks in advance,

nanocube.
Not sure what you mean: r' U R' U' r' U2 R U R U' R2 U2 (R M2)? Or is the F2L not solved and you want B R F L' D L F'?

If either of these aren't what you want, could you setup the case on visualcube or alg.cubing.net?

kake123

WCA
2016SOON01
Tricks for solving this E-perm type PLL parity case?

Case

If I use [ Rw2 U R' U' y (R U R' U')*2 (R U R') y' R U' R2 (U2 r2 Uw2 r2 Uw2) ], I get a H-perm. Any tricks for solving this case faster?
I also noticed that there is no video on youtube regarding this case.

Last edited:

supercube

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was digging through this http://www.ai.univ-paris8.fr/~bh/cube/solutions_567.html

I found 30 algorithms for one of the two look OLL's. there are more but these are shorter. you can study the PLL effect of each one and learn a few so that you can eliminate the PLL cases you want to skip. I have not looked at the other OLL's yet. just this one.

oll49.gif

R' U2 R U R' U' R U R' U R
R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R'
L' U2 L U L' U' L U L' U L
L U2 L' U' L U L' U' L U' L'
F R U R' U' R U R' U' R U R' U' F'
F' L' U' L U L' U' L U L' U' L U F
R' U2 R2 U2 R U2 R' U2 R U2 R2 U2 R'
L' U2 L R' U F2 U F2 U' F2 R
R U2 R' L U' F2 U' F2 U F2 L'
F L U F2 U2 F2 U F2 U F2 L' F'
F' R' U' F2 U2 F2 U' F2 U' F2 R F
X' R U2 R2 F2 R U2 R' F2 R2 U2 R'
X' L' U2 L2 F2 L' U2 L F2 L2 U2 L
R' F2 R2 U2 R' F2 R U2 R2 F2 R
R' L' U R2 U' L U R2 L U' R U L'

if you have U or Y move first or you rotate the picture you can use

R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' U2 R
R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R'
L' U' L U' L' U L U' L' U2 L
L U L' U L U' L' U L U2 L'
F U R U' R' U R U' R' U R U' R' F'
F' U' L' U L U' L' U L U' L' U L F
R U2 R2 U2 R' U2 R U2 R' U2 R2 U2 R
L F2 U' F2 U F2 U L' R U2 R'
R' F2 U F2 U' F2 U' R L' U2 L
F' R' F2 U F2 U F2 U2 F2 U R F
F L F2 U' F2 U' F2 U2 F2 U' L' F'
X' U' R2 U2 F2 U' R2 U F2 U2 R2 U
X' U L2 U2 F2 U L2 U' F2 U2 L2 U'
F R2 F2 U2 F R2 F' U2 F2 R2 F'
L U' R' U L' R2 U' L' U R2 U' L R

X' R cancel to l
X' L' cancel to r'
X' U' needs to be mirrored so it starts with X' R or X R'. I did not do it yet. most of these have been verified. some of them are binary operations that can cycle the OLL after two repetitions (no cube rotations or U moves between repetitions). the others are in 3's.

Lazy Einstein

Alg Ninja
Earth, Solar system, Orion Spur, Milky Way
I was digging through this http://www.ai.univ-paris8.fr/~bh/cube/solutions_567.html

I found 30 algorithms for one of the two look OLL's. there are more but these are shorter. you can study the PLL effect of each one and learn a few so that you can eliminate the PLL cases you want to skip. I have not looked at the other OLL's yet. just this one.

http://badmephisto.com/cases/oll49.gif
R' U2 R U R' U' R U R' U R
R U2 R' U' R U R' U' R U' R'
L' U2 L U L' U' L U L' U L
L U2 L' U' L U L' U' L U' L'
F R U R' U' R U R' U' R U R' U' F'
F' L' U' L U L' U' L U L' U' L U F
R' U2 R2 U2 R U2 R' U2 R U2 R2 U2 R'
L' U2 L R' U F2 U F2 U' F2 R
R U2 R' L U' F2 U' F2 U F2 L'
F L U F2 U2 F2 U F2 U F2 L' F'
F' R' U' F2 U2 F2 U' F2 U' F2 R F
X' R U2 R2 F2 R U2 R' F2 R2 U2 R'
X' L' U2 L2 F2 L' U2 L F2 L2 U2 L
R' F2 R2 U2 R' F2 R U2 R2 F2 R
R' L' U R2 U' L U R2 L U' R U L'

if you have U or Y move first or you rotate the picture you can use

R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' U2 R
R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R'
L' U' L U' L' U L U' L' U2 L
L U L' U L U' L' U L U2 L'
F U R U' R' U R U' R' U R U' R' F'
F' U' L' U L U' L' U L U' L' U L F
R U2 R2 U2 R' U2 R U2 R' U2 R2 U2 R
L F2 U' F2 U F2 U L' R U2 R'
R' F2 U F2 U' F2 U' R L' U2 L
F' R' F2 U F2 U F2 U2 F2 U R F
F L F2 U' F2 U' F2 U2 F2 U' L' F'
X' U' R2 U2 F2 U' R2 U F2 U2 R2 U
X' U L2 U2 F2 U L2 U' F2 U2 L2 U'
F R2 F2 U2 F R2 F' U2 F2 R2 F'
L U' R' U L' R2 U' L' U R2 U' L R

X' R cancel to l
X' L' cancel to r'
X' U' needs to be mirrored so it starts with X' R or X R'. I did not do it yet. most of these have been verified. some of them are binary operations that can cycle the OLL after two repetitions (no cube rotations or U moves between repetitions). the others are in 3's.

Wait are you just talking about algs for the H OLL case and learning different algs for it so it solves OLL+PLL? If so, do you know about ZBLL? http://algdb.net/Set/ZBLL%20H

maxcuber322

WCA
2015PAGE04
Need Help finding an easy Parity Alg

Hey guys, I'm kinda a new cuber and I know how to solve 4x4 and 5x5 all the way up to parity.:confused:
I always juts take out pieces and put them in right.
I'm sick of having to do that, And i want to learn a parity alg but not one That is crazy long.
So leave the ones you use down below, And thanks a lot for helping me out!! :tu

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
For flipping FU dedge (execute before pll so that corners don't care)
Rw2 B2 Rw' U2 Rw' U2 x' U2 Rw' U2 Rw U2 Rw' U2 Rw2 U2 x U2
I don't believe that's what he is asking for.

i want to learn a parity alg but not one That is crazy long.

The shortest possible single edge flip parity algorithm (in several move metrics) is 9 moves
(Click the link to see the animation: these algorithms are in a notation you are most likely not familiar with!)
r' U' R' U' r F' R' F' r'.
However, as you can see, although it preserves the paired state of the edges, it destroys centers and doesn't preserve the first three layers.

The shortest algorithms which preserve both the paired state of the edges and the centers are 13 moves.
r U2 l' U2 x' (r' U2 l U2)2 l' (this algorithm was named "reParity" by member reThinkingTheCube)
However, as you can see, although it preserves both the paired state of the edges and the colors of the centers, it doesn't preserve the first three layers.

The shortest algorithms which preserve the first three layers in addition to the paired state of the edges and the colors of the centers are 14 moves long, which is probably only one move less than what you have seen.
2R U2 2R' E2 F2 2L F2 2L' F2 2R F2 2R' D2 2L

Therefore, what you're probably looking for is an algorithm that is easiest to memorize, because "short" algorithms which preserve what's needed to be preserved simply don't exist.

Probably the easiest edge flip alg to memorize is my move optimal "pure" adjacent double parity algorithm.
2R2 F r' F' 2R2 U2 2R' U2 2R' U2 2R' U2 F r F' 2R2

If we rewrite it as 2R2 F r' F' 2R' 2R' U2 2R' U2 2R' U2 2R' U2 F r F' 2R2, we can see that this is equivalent to
2R2 F r' F' 2R' (2R' U2)4 F r F' 2R2

In addition, take note that the first four moves are undone with the last four moves. You only need to memorize the first four moves and the repeated sequence in the middle. For those who are familiar with conjugate notation, my alg obviously can be expressed compactly as:
[2R2 F r' F': 2R' (2R' U2)4]

Arkwell

R' U' R r' U R U' R' U' r

<FRU>
U R' U F R U R' U' F' R
R2 F' R U R U' R' U' F R
U' R' F R' F' R U R U' R' U' R

Brest, Any algs with rotations that are as fast or faster than these?(Anyone can put up some algs)

Last edited:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Is there an OLLCP set that just happens to have easy algs other than the OCLLs?

I'm sure someone compiled a list of
<sune, fat sune or their variants>+<AUF>+<FsexyF' or it's variants> OLLCP algs. All will be diagswaps obviously

Some that I use for OH:
sune FsexyF' (standard OLL)
backsune FsexyF' (mirror case
sune U' FsexyF' (F double sexy F' OLL)
backsune U FsexyF (mirror)
fat antisune U2 F inverse sexy F' (pi dot case)
back fat antisune U F inverse sexy F' (another dot case)

Last edited:

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sure someone compiled a list of
<sune, fat sune or their variants>+<AUF>+<FsexyF' or it's variants> OLLCP algs. All will be diagswaps obviously

Maybe, but I'm not just looking for easy OLLCPs. The only way I'll remember them is if I memo a whole set at once and then never use OLL for that case again. And I don't want to filter through all the sets and find the ones that are easy.