• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I cannot execute .jar files on my MAC

Freddy88

Hi everybody, I have a big problem...

I bought a mac and I cannot open many of the .jar files I had on my previous PC.

There are a couple of .jar files that I can open (like a chronometer).
But I cannot open 90 % of the many other .jar files I have on my mac.

Here is an example if I want to open Cube Explorer. I double click on its icon and the following window comes out:

Schermata 2010-11-04 a 11.19.44.png

then I check the console and there are the following information:

Schermata 2010-11-04 a 11.20.45.png

I don't know what to do… Please help me!

I have the following java version at the moment and I think it is the last one:

Schermata 2010-11-04 a 11.25.59.png

Thank you in advance for your help!

Federico

Enter

YouTube
Visit Channel
The above exception is thrown when a JVM encounters an unsupported class version. This occurs when the JVM encounters a class built for a later JVM. So you need to upgrade your VM, then change your default Java.

Here's how to change your default:

Type 'java preferences' into Spotlight. You'll see the 'Java Preferences' utility. Run that, and you can change the default Java instance to what you require (probably Java 6).

Freddy88

Thank you for your answer… but as you can see I in the third picture… I already have java 6 … Am I wrong?

Thank you for your help!

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You are trying to launch the AnimCube applet as an standalone application. You can't do that.

Cube Explorer is a Windows only program at the moment so you won't be able to run it directly on your mac. You could run it using bootcamp or parallels though.