• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I was wrongfully banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRubiksGod

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
I love this site and when i went to the chatting area and it was there where i was wrongfully banned. People were making fun of me when i asked a simple yet direct question this question was

"What should i lube my GuHong cube with"

I understand that my first thread was a bit immature but i shouldn't be banned because of this. I didn't cuss, I didn't offend or threaten a member, cubing related, not trolling.

Who ever banned me from the chat site obviously banned me for no reason or out of humor. or was peer pressured by its members to ban me.

Please do not make cubers look rude and unforgiving.

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I love this site and when i went to the chatting area and it was there where i was wrongfully banned. People were making fun of me when i asked a simple yet direct question this question was

"What should i lube my GuHong cube with"

I understand that my first thread was a bit immature but i shouldn't be banned because of this. I didn't cuss, I didn't offend or threaten a member, cubing related, not trolling.

Who ever banned me from the chat site obviously banned me for no reason or out of humor. or was peer pressured by its members to ban me.

Please do not make cubers look rude and unforgiving.

That "chatting area" is not actually part of this site, it should be more clear.
It's for general chatting, we don't really like people coming in just to ask "what should I lube my guhong with".

TheRubiksGod

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
That "chatting area" is not actually part of this site, it should be more clear.
It's for general chatting, we don't really like people coming in just to ask "what should I lube my guhong with".

But it should not serve as a viable reason to ban a cuber because he did not know it was not something to be discussed in a chat room. instead rather he should be told that he should post a question in the forums. instead you ban the person because he clearly thought that a cube chat room was for the help and explaining of the problems he was experiencing.

I was wrongfully banned. Every one was cracking jokes in their about banning me. and then i was banned. i did nothing wrong. and if it was a general chatting then it should be more clear that it is for that and that only

aronpm

If I recall correctly you were banned because you were being annoying.

TheRubiksGod

Banned
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was not being annoying i was asking what to lube my GuHong with. if that is considered annoying then it should be made clear that talking about cubing related stuff will get you banned in a Rubik's cube chat site.

In other cases i was being harassed by the people in the chat site and banning me was probably fuel to their flames. The administrator himself talked about not banning me but was under peer pressure from the people in it.

The ban came as a shock to me as i had done nothing wrong. The people dissing on my mother should have been banned for harassment not a cuber asking a question

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Look, it doesn't really matter what you think. You were banned because someone wanted to ban you..

Like I said, PM me if you're still banned. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Oh also, I just read the post Kir linked to, and I remember that you were being quite annoying when you were in there.

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First off the "chat site" is not a part of speedsolving and *not* representative of the speedsolving community. It doesn't follow the rules of the normal cubing community, and the people there are nowhere near as nice to newcomers, precisely because of this: it's a place where a certain group of people (mostly cubers) like to hang out and talk. They're in it for humor, entertainment, being with their friends, keeping up with cubing news, whatever. If you come in and start acting in a way they don't like, they are perfectly within their rights to make you leave.

I was not being annoying i was asking what to lube my GuHong with. if that is considered annoying then it should be made clear that talking about cubing related stuff will get you banned in a Rubik's cube chat site.
Uh, annoying is not about the overall topic of your conversation, but about how you act. But you know what, it doesn't matter. In the real world people actually don't like each other sometimes. Nobody new will want to hang out with you if you act offended when anyone is mean - you have to put in effort to make yourself likable if you want to be liked.

In other cases i was being harassed by the people in the chat site and banning me was probably fuel to their flames. The administrator himself talked about not banning me but was under peer pressure from the people in it.
Bans of annoying people don't always happen quickly, which is why you'll often see people suggest it and talk/joke about it before it actually happens. Keep in mind the "administrator" isn't the only person who can authorize bans in the chat. Keep in mind bans are temporary.

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was there when it happened :p... There have been a few times people thought everybody was picking on them, it's mostly for the lulz and nothing serious... sometimes being picked on can draw out the personality of the new person, and what tolerance they have.

There was this one time (I forgot his nick) who didn't want to share his name (so we could find WCA stats on his times). He was so freaked that someone would get his personal information, like steal his identity, or kill his entire family... We ended up playing around with him for quite some time, just to test his personality... cool guy, just sensitive... s-e-n-s-i-t-i-v-e

So just take a deep breath or we will continue to pick on you!!!

PatrickJameson

Premium Member
WCA
2007JAME01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In case you weren't informed by now, you were caught by a ban against nicknames with "rubi" or "cube" in them. We have removed this ban for the time being. This was originally put into place before we moved servers, and only recently onto this server, in order to encourage people to choose more creative nicknames. You being annoying before it was put into effect was just a coincidence(no sarcasm, really).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.