• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Timer website?

EricReese

WCA
2010REES02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I tried searching but I didn't find one, maybe i used the wrong search terms..

My brother on here RyanReese uses this site but I can't ask him until tonight when I see him. He goes to this one site where it gives him a scramble at the top of the page. Then there are two columns, one displaying the time on his current solve, and on the right it displays his times for his previous solves. You press space bar to start the timer, and spacebar to stop it when you finish

I can't seem to find it...in case this helps, the color of the website has like a white background, black text

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
???

4d) Cube puzzles must be scrambled with the white (or the lightest colour by default) face on top and green (or the darkest adjacent face by default) on the front.

Do people in Europe totally obey this rule?
I've noticed a lot of the time that blue faces are darker than green, red, and orange faces, and scramblers just obey to "white top, green front"

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've noticed a lot of the time that blue faces are darker than green, red, and orange faces, and scramblers just obey to "white top, green front"

I do feel this is a little ambiguous. The way I read the rule 4d, I've always assumed that it means:
"If the puzzle has a white face and a green face, the white face should go on top and the green face should go in front. If the puzzle has a white face but does not have a green face, the white face should be on top and the darkest face adjacent to the white face should be in front. If the puzzle had a green face but does not have a white face, the lightest color should be on top, and if the green face is adjacent to that face, it should be in front, but if not, the darkest adjacent face should be in front. If the puzzle has neither a white or green face, the lightest color should be on top and the darkest adjacent color to the top face should be in front."

But you can see how that's a little more unwieldy.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I understand it as "Put white on top (if impossible then lightest) and green on front (if impossible then darkest adjacent)". So if white and green are there and adjacent, it doesn't matter how bright or dark the colors are. Because the parts inside the parentheses only get used if the parts outside the parentheses can't get used. I agree the rule's wording is weird, I don't know what "by default" is supposed to mean there.

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I mostly follow this rule, but if a cube has a black face *instead of white* I scramble black top green front. The reasoning is that (a) this allows checking the image, and (b) this really gives the same scramble to this person. I asked a few people and they agree that this goes with the spirit of the law, even if it conflicts with the rule as written. I think the "lightest side" "darkest side" thing is supposed to be there to deal with totally different color schemes, and isn't supposed to let a non-CN person who has one color different try completely new scrambles.

_D2_

???

4d) Cube puzzles must be scrambled with the white (or the lightest colour by default) face on top and green (or the darkest adjacent face by default) on the front.

Why so? I know you can start to solve it with the color you choose (lol obvious) but why scramble is done with white in top and green in front?

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I interpreted this the same that Stefan and Mike did (but Mike was quite a bit more verbose about getting to the end haha). I do agree with qqwref though, and I think something in the rules should be amended to somehow reflect that scenario.