• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Minecraft

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
Used 50 levels last night to get an Efficiency IV and Silk Touch pickaxe. :D
According to the wiki, you need level 61 for Efficiency V (unless I'm reading it wrong), but I've never seen the numbers go over 50 (max bookshelf stuff), and 50 itself is pretty rare. Am I missing something? I had level 61, but had to settle for a level 50 enchantment.

insane569

WCA
2011LUEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Link doesn't work?

Today I was trying to get enough levels to get Silk touch on a pickaxe. I left my zombie XP farm running and planned to check back in half an hour or so. I forgot about it though and only remembered after ~2 hours. Minecraft was running at about 1 frame per second. Luckily I had my splash potions of instant health. Which killed most of the zombies. But the amount of XP caused it to lag even more. After about five minutes the lag stopped and I had 30 levels. I then went to enchant a pick and got silk touch first try :D

Also I was at the bottom of a ravine today in search of diamond and iron. I noticed that a lot of mobs like to ambush me by jumping from the top of the ravine to the bottom :p, which brought me quite close to death at times. But I made it out alive with 18 diamond and four stacks of iron.

Fixed it.
I love diamond mining at the bottom of ravines. Blast protection helps alot on your armor. And fire resistance. But i always keep a bucket of water with me and a instant healing potion. They both have saved me so many times since i have a habit of not noticing a creeper next to me. And a habit of walking into lava. But luckily i have learned not to panic but to get my bucket out and cool my self and the lava.

aronpm

According to the wiki, you need level 61 for Efficiency V (unless I'm reading it wrong), but I've never seen the numbers go over 50 (max bookshelf stuff), and 50 itself is pretty rare. Am I missing something? I had level 61, but had to settle for a level 50 enchantment.

The maximum level you can get in an enchanting table is level 50, which is with 30 bookshelves.

Innocence

I'm not sure as to the exact formula, but with the way enchanting works, you start out with 50 as like a "base level", and then a random amount is added or subtracted from the total.

chrissyD

WCA
2009DICK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Made this since I noticed the speedsolving banner was all squares. The green on my texture pack is pretty dark.
fxw70z.png
Also would anyone be interested in setting up a small server for cubers? I need help building things.

mitch1234

WCA
2010LANE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been playing a lot today, and made a portal to the Nether wooooooooooo. I found a fortress so I'm going to explore that soon. And I'm watching antvenom's Hunt for the Ender Dragon series, currently on episode 8. I want to make it to the End some time soon that way I can fight the Ender Dragon.

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been playing a lot today, and made a portal to the Nether wooooooooooo. I found a fortress so I'm going to explore that soon. And I'm watching antvenom's Hunt for the Ender Dragon series, currently on episode 8. I want to make it to the End some time soon that way I can fight the Ender Dragon.

Remember when you refused to play it because it was boring?

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would go on a sever for cubers.
My friends that played minecraft last year don't because thy have Skyrim and talk about it and hardly nothing else. Still I would want an 8x8 more

Last edited: