• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Minecraft

aronpm

My world download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54390020/J.rar

Note: My melon farm and exp farm are not my designs - I'm not that creative. :\
Why is your reed farm set up to a AND gate with a 5-clock and a button? The clock is redundant :p

still checkin it out

edit: lol I see this is Etho's melon farm design. Personally I took Nebris' design and improved the redstone but Etho's works too. Nebris' design just brings all the slices to a single point.

Last edited:

JyH

WCA
2011HORI01
Why is your reed farm set up to a AND gate with a 5-clock and a button? The clock is redundant :p

still checkin it out

edit: lol I see this is Etho's melon farm design. Personally I took Nebris' design and improved the redstone but Etho's works too. Nebris' design just brings all the slices to a single point.

Forgot to mention - I am absolutely horrible with Redstone, so I think I just copied the pictures of the logic gates from some video (the reed farm was one of the first rooms I built). I'll check out Nebris' design, too.

Here's a map I am working on that is no where near finished. Ideas welcome :D
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVYVM6R7
Kowloon is the seed name

Trying it out.

Also, if either of you have found the giant platform above my house with the Minecart "station", then I need suggestions on what else to build up there. I took down my old tree farm to build the staircase leading up to it, but I don't plan on putting it back up there.

aronpm

Forgot to mention - I am absolutely horrible with Redstone, so I think I just copied the pictures of the logic gates from some video (the reed farm was one of the first rooms I built). I'll check out Nebris' design, too.

He doesn't have a tutorial for it yet, but he built it in an LP episode, so he might improve the final version. Basically it just pushes the melon from above (breaking it) and pulling out the dirt block from beneath it, so the slices fall into a water stream

I might put up a world download eventually but I've only put like 2.5 days of playtime into my current world, because I've only had it for like a week.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
He doesn't have a tutorial for it yet, but he built it in an LP episode, so he might improve the final version. Basically it just pushes the melon from above (breaking it) and pulling out the dirt block from beneath it, so the slices fall into a water stream

I might put up a world download eventually but I've only put like 2.5 days of playtime into my current world, because I've only had it for like a week.

This?

It's a modular pre1.1 auto-reset BUD-activated melon farm. Does pretty much what you explained.

chrissyD

WCA
2009DICK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
@chrissyD - How long did it take you to build that? Like I said, I'm not that creative so I don't have any ideas for you, sorry. :( Still impressive, though. :D

About a week so far on and off. Was inspired by this snapshot from south park :p So not entirely my design.
2qx2q03.png

aronpm

This?

It's a modular pre1.1 auto-reset BUD-activated melon farm. Does pretty much what you explained.

It's not auto-harvesting using BUD switches so it's a bit more compact than that lol

Re: texture packs, I use docm77's Faithful texture pack. It's basically a 32x32 remake of the original textures, with a few changes (glowstone is less ugly, no lines in the middle of glass, water looks lighter). Waiting for Optifine to be released for 1.1 so I can use it again, though.

aronpm

I lost my fortune 2 pick to lava today, along with 19 diamonds, 3 other diamond picks and a Power V bow. What an *****! So I went and made and enchanted 6 more diamond picks until I got fortune 3, then I went and mined about a stack and a half of diamonds. Aww yeah.

I learned my lesson, and a Potion of Fire Resistance is now a crucial caving supply for me just in case I become retarded for a split second.

Alcuber

WCA
2010WHIT01
Just my creation's
Please tell me what you think.

Link doesn't work?

Today I was trying to get enough levels to get Silk touch on a pickaxe. I left my zombie XP farm running and planned to check back in half an hour or so. I forgot about it though and only remembered after ~2 hours. Minecraft was running at about 1 frame per second. Luckily I had my splash potions of instant health. Which killed most of the zombies. But the amount of XP caused it to lag even more. After about five minutes the lag stopped and I had 30 levels. I then went to enchant a pick and got silk touch first try :D

Also I was at the bottom of a ravine today in search of diamond and iron. I noticed that a lot of mobs like to ambush me by jumping from the top of the ravine to the bottom :p, which brought me quite close to death at times. But I made it out alive with 18 diamond and four stacks of iron.