• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Minecraft

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Did you delete the mincraft.jar file in the BIN folder? just do that, then re-login to minecraft, and update (you may have to go to options>force update). It should refresh your minecraft.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This has happened to me a few times before, and I just left it for a few hours and it worked fine.
I left it for 45 min. then my world started creating, but it was loading block by block. Finally, I could see everything in front of me. I moved the mouse 2 inches, then waited 5-10 minutes, then it loaded. It took me 30 minutes to do a 360 turn to see my world. I moved foreword and that took around 15 minutes to move 2 blocks ahead. I cannot play in those conditions.

Last edited:

Logan

Alot of Azure
WCA
2009KELL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I left it for 45 min. then my world started creating, but it was loading block by block. Finally, I could see everything in front of me. I moved the mouse 2 inches, then waited 5-10 minutes, then it loaded. It took me 30 minutes to do a 360 turn to see my world. I moved foreword and that took around 15 minutes to move 2 blocks ahead. I cannot play in those conditions.

Oh, you actually got it to load? Then forget the bin thing (if it ever blackscreens though, just go to start>run: search %appdata% look for the ".minecraft" folder, then click on bin. delete the minecraft.jar).

Are you running in a browser? I don't think chrome likes minecraft. Just download the launcher.

jms_gears1

Premium Member
WCA
2009MAUP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you get the black screen when loading, try opening up minecraft.jar file and deleting the META-INF file, That should take care of it.

Out of curiosity has anyone here messed around with modding minecraft at all?
Ive just begun to play with modloader (a modders API, that if you mod you should use).

Right now im going to add a new ore that you can use to make new armor, tools, weapons.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:(

I gave up trying to get the downloaded version to work, so I downloaded firefox (I use chrome), and played in browser. It was great in the beginning. I got 11 wood for building purposes, and started to look for coal. Then it starts lagging. Then more. Then even more. Then it's severe and I can't move around without bumping in to stuff and looking at the sky because of the lag. Then it gets to the point it freezes for 2 minutes, then I play (move) for 1 second, then it freezes for 2 minutes. This already happened to me twice. I just gave up.
I mean, I paid for this game, I should be able to play it.

Where is the minecraft.jar folder?

Last edited:

Rinfiyks

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is that the same as holding windows button and r, typing %appdata%, then going to .minecraft? I delete the bin folder, but then I open the game, it won't load, and when I go to .minecraft again, bin returns.

Yes, it takes you to the same path.

I had the black screen problem, but it was only caused by a faulty mod I downloaded (toggleable sneak.)
I solved it by copying the .minecraft folder to my desktop.
I then deleted the .minecraft in appdata.
After running minecraft, it reinstalled a fresh folder into appdata, unfortunately with no worlds, statistics, achievements, etc.
I then copied the working kv.class file from the new minecraft.jar to my saved folder on my desktop.
I then replaced the folder in appdata with the folder on my desktop, so I had all my saved stuff.

This, of course, could have been avoided if I simply backed up kv.class before replacing it with the mod version.

I don't know if this helps in any way, it is probably irrelevant to your problem.

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a reason why my browser version is also lagging? I think my computer isn't suited for this game (it's old, plus it starts sounding like it's going to overheat). I'm getting a new one soon so I'll finally be able to play :).

Innocence

If you get the black screen when loading, try opening up minecraft.jar file and deleting the META-INF file, That should take care of it.

Out of curiosity has anyone here messed around with modding minecraft at all?
Ive just begun to play with modloader (a modders API, that if you mod you should use).

Right now im going to add a new ore that you can use to make new armor, tools, weapons.

I would, but I can't be bothered learning basic Java.

Another reason some people play single player is that it's fun to do things on your own sometimes. Multi can have bugs, lag, and lack of freedom that is sometimes not a good thing. I like to mess around with redstone and minecarts, 2 things that tend not to play well with multiplayer.

That said, I might get on the server. (When [if] it's on)

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:)
I started a new game, and went to options and changed it from fancy to fast. I can actually play now (only on browser).

I made my house after I found some coal and the side of a hill. I hollowed out the inside of the hill and made a spiral mine. I reached the bottom of my mine, finding some iron ore and Lapis Lazuli. I ran out of coal so I went out in the morning and found a cave. I didn't go all the way in, but there was a lot of coal there so I got some. I also tried getting some more wood but whenever I would cut a tree down, I wasn't picking anything up...Then I tried going home but got lost. It got dark so I built a 4x4 house out of cobble stone and one torch. I'm waiting there right now.

Magix

You weren't picking anything up either because your inventory is full or you weren't close enough to the item.

Or you didn't use appropriate tools, though you can cut trees with anything so it doesn't really matter here.

To get back home, you can make a compass, but that requires you to have some redstone so go mining :p

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You weren't picking anything up either because your inventory is full or you weren't close enough to the item.

Or you didn't use appropriate tools, though you can cut trees with anything so it doesn't really matter here.

To get back home, you can make a compass, but that requires you to have some redstone so go mining :p
The compass points to my spawn point, my house isn't at my spawn point.

Chapuunka

WCA
2010JUDD01
Do you guys think my laptop could run Minecraft well? I don't want to waste money on something I can't play.
These are the specs I was able to find:

Processor: Intel(I) Pentium(P) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz 1.47GHz
Memory (RAM): 1015 MB
System Type: 32-bit Operating System

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you guys think my laptop could run Minecraft well? I don't want to waste money on something I can't play.

I don't know too much about good computers, but I think if you put it to the fastest settings, you could play. Though of course, how would I know?

Innocence

You could probably get by if you installed optimine, I think. Beta 1.5 itself is a fair bit faster. What sort of graphics does your laptop have? I'm running on an Intel GMA 4500M Graphics, 2.3ghz Dual Core CPU, 4gb of RAM (Probably not the bottleneck though) at a comfortable 20-30FPS with Beta 1.5 and Optimine. Without optimine more like 10-20.