• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The one-answer question thread (for Hardware & Buy, Sell, and Trade)

daniel0731ex

Apparently the original one-answer question thread is too crowded that not many people who posted there gets a response fast enough to be useful.

This is the thread for you to ask simple questions like "Ooo I just bought a cube from lightake how long is it gonna get here?" or "im 12 and wats the best cube in the world?".

:fp

Last edited:

theace

WCA
2010RAOA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Would it be cheaper to buy a Stackmat timer + Mat set from Lightake or from the official site? Take into account that I'm placing a $230 order on lightake in the next 2 days which will gimme quite some points there. So, after using those points and free shipping and all, will the effective cost be cheaper than the official site which charges shipping?

How much would shipping to India cost form the official site? Has anyone from neighboring areas bought one? Atleast I could get an estimate for shipping that way...

xXzaKerXx

This is nice, but need sometime getting useful to. Because apparantly everyone will go straight to the original One Answer Question Thread when in doubt. Sticky.

Zyrb

WCA
2010BRIG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On the FII (grey core) it seems that my white stickers are alot better quality than all the others. is it like this on other FIIs or is it my imagination.

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On the FII (grey core) it seems that my white stickers are alot better quality than all the others. is it like this on other FIIs or is it my imagination.

I just checked on mine, and it doesn't seem to be the case. :confused: All the other stickers are colours printed on white, so the colour can easily scratch off. It can't happen on white, though. Is this why?

daniel0731ex

Wow, you have the best XXX thread ideas ever :)

What is the difference between C4Y springs and Maru springs? Are maru springs softer?

but the thing is, i don't WANT to make one :( The "the XXX thread" threads are stupid (for the person who made it). But then there are all these stupid threads asking questions that could've been answered by searching the forums or should've gone to the one answer question thread flooding the forums, and it's really gettign on my nerves when I couldn't find ANY thread worth reading AT ALL in the first page. It's not like you can't ask questions, but make it actually worth posting.

I think this thread shouldn't even be here, if this forum have the normal "class" in the content.

anyway, answering your question, the maru spring is slightly stiffer, but still much softer overall compared other normal springs because of its length. I Personally think the maru is much superior than c4u.

Last edited:

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
i avg 20ish on y dayan guhong but i recently startd to lie my av (again) but y tiimes are around 24 ish s that just because im not used to it or because my stickers are making my f2l slower(stickers are in bad condition) so my question is should i buy new stickers and which ones do you racommend?

Whyusosrs?

Probably because you aren't used to the feel and you're used to having good reverse corner cutting.

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, you have the best XXX thread ideas ever :)

What is the difference between C4Y springs and Maru springs? Are maru springs softer?

but the thing is, i don't WANT to make one :( The "the XXX thread" threads are stupid (for the person who made it). But then there are all these stupid threads asking questions that could've been answered by searching the forums or should've gone to the one answer question thread flooding the forums, and it's really gettign on my nerves when I couldn't find ANY thread worth reading AT ALL in the first page. It's not like you can't ask questions, but make it actually worth posting.

I think this thread shouldn't even be here, if this forum have the normal "class" in the content.

anyway, answering your question, the maru spring is slightly stiffer, but still much softer overall compared other normal springs because of its length. I Personally think the maru is much superior than c4u.
LOL, not going to say anything off-topic

Yeah, I believe that the maru hardwares are way superior than the C4Y.
Everything about it is nice!
especially the smexy blue core :)

Erzz

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ooo I am thinking of ordering puzzles from Lightake, how long will it take to get to Canada?

(seriously though)