• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik’s cube Stop-watch for Windows and Linux

Hello, this is my software timer.

Features:

* Support different puzzles, such as 2x2x2 - 7x7x7, Square-1, Megaminx, and other.
* Store date, time, scramble and comments.
* Big digits of current time.
* Configurable and skipable preinspection time.
* Displays best and worst time
* Displays average times for 5, 12, 50, 100 notches.
* Ability to remove last notch, set flag (+2, DNF).

Shortcuts:

* Space - start / stop timer;
* D - flags switch (+2, DNF);
* Del - remove last notch;
* Ctrl + S - save screenshot in users profile;
* Alt + Enter - switch fullscreen / windowed mode;
* 1, 0 - scroll puzzles;
* 2 - 7 - select desire puzzle (2x2x2 - 7x7x7);
* PgUp, PgDn - scroll notches list;
* Mouse wheel - scroll list of puzzles or notches;
* Right mouse button - add / edit comment for desired notch;
* C - add / edit comment to last notch.

Rubik’s cube Stop-watch for Windows
Rubik’s cube Stop-watch for Linux

Roadmap:

* improve scrambles algorithm for different puzzles;
* blindfold mode for all puzzles;
* profile support;
* competition mode support;
* and almost all requests in this thread.

Last edited:

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, this timer looks really great. I think the graph is cool. It's a good indication of the SD of an average. There are some things that should probably be changed:

- the usual format for averages is averages of 5, 12, and occasionally 50 or 100\

- the sound it makes when the timer starts is really annoying; there should be an option to turn it off

- there should be an option to turn off inspection countdown, as many cubers don't use this

There are other things, but I need to study right now, so I'll leave this to other members who try this.

Last edited:
WCA
2010MINE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Use average of 5, 12, and 100.
Get rid of sound when the timer starts.
Graph is win. Keep it.
Don't give the window its own mouse. I prefer my own.
Allow cubers to choose wether or not they want to use inspection.
Give the cubers a choice between "sign" notation and "wca" notation for 4x4 and 5x5.
Give the cubers a choice between "prefix" notation and "suffix" notation for 6x6 and 7x7.
Maybe make the window larger and put the timer and scramble in different sections.

All in all, it's a great timer.

Last edited:

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
pretty nice, like everyone said, an option for disabling inspection could be nice, and maybe an option for the sound when the timer starts (it scared the crap out of me o_O), like to turn it off or change the sound between different ones, like a soft bell chyme or something :), i noticed that if you press space when inspection timer is counting, inspection gets skipped and timer start instantly (just to notify everyone who wants to skip inspection :p) if you can add an option for the timer start sound that makes me jump a little every time, i will start to use this instead of JNet timer, since your got megaminx and square-1 scrambles too :D except for the sound when timer starts, its pretty much perfect for me, the timer seems to be more accurate than JNet too, since i cant see any skipping in the timer like the JNet does, guess i just gonna use this with low/no sound, means not listening to music i guess :(, but well, that life ;)

EDIT: checked all puzzle scrambles and noticed that the last 3 ones (master pyramorphinx, megaminx and mega) dont got any scrambles, thats just temporary i guess, or maybe the notations on those are too hard to understand (i have only seen megaminx notations, and those is a bit tricky for me to know, got to think some time before i get what layer is which so i gave that up and continued with my modified fridrich, but practice makes perfect i guess :p)

Last edited:

hawkmp4

Megaminx scrambling is the easiest to do, by far. No reason not to have Megaminx scrambles.

buelercuber

WCA
2009BUEL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
damnit, i was hoping that you woul dbut in like almost every single cube.

please but in.
magic
floppy
domino

no onehanded?
or blindfold area?

i would be pleased if you added those, otherwise, its great :)

ability to put in your own time
ability to plug your timer in
ability to disable the inspection time
and a cool graph like cubemnia. :)

holy crap the sound scared th **** out of me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864

Wow! A very attractive timer. :) With some of the changes and additions, that people have mentioned already, this may win my heart. XD

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I dropped my cube when I heard that sound -_- lol.

So, it's a very nice timer! but it could use some more things

-option for inspection, and how long
-Averages are usually 5, 12, and 50, 100. Sometimes, mean of 3.
-option for sound at beginning
-option for cursor
-option for SigN or WCA
-option for different scrambling for 5x5+
-random-state generator for 2x2 scrambles.
-Putting graph, scramble, puzzle selection, etc. in different areas
-Adjustable screen size

Hope I didn't miss anything. I haven't fully tested the timer yet.

(edit: gasp, i'm a carrot :O )

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
noticed that the times is saved, and dont disappear upon close, great for looking at your progress :D

hawkmp4

EDIT: checked all puzzle scrambles and noticed that the last 3 ones (master pyramorphinx, megaminx and mega) dont got any scrambles, thats just temporary i guess, or maybe the notations on those are too hard to understand (i have only seen megaminx notations, and those is a bit tricky for me to know, got to think some time before i get what layer is which so i gave that up and continued with my modified fridrich, but practice makes perfect i guess :p)

That was in response to this. Quit trolling.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Wow, great ui.
Everything has pretty much already been said (average/countdown timer) but I want to add, can you use wca scrambling for most puzzles, such as Pyra. This is a great offline timer, but have optimal Pyraminx scrambles, or atleast have the tips bunched at the start or the end, rather than throughout the scramble.

Good start, I'll prefer this over CCT once you fix up the few annoying parts.