• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Idea: Keyhole on left.

Step 1: FL minus one corner.
Step 2: Utilize open corner slot to finish 3/4 of MS.
Step 3: Finish slot.
Step 4: Rotate and LL of choice.

Fun and IMO faster than your basic keyhole.

::EDIT::
My apologies. I know it's not that different. Didn't mean to make it sound like I did anything like "ZOMG CHECK OUT MY ZOMGORZ NEW MEHTODS!!" Haha. I guess the only real difference is that I meant for FL to be blockbuilt. Maybe everybody does that already? I've always just done cross and then corners.

Last edited:

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
My apologies. I know it's not that different. Didn't mean to make it sound like I did anything like "ZOMG CHECK OUT MY ZOMGORZ NEW MEHTODS!!" Haha. I guess the only real difference is that I meant for FL to be blockbuilt. Maybe everybody does that already? I've always just done cross and then corners.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01

Yeah, I tried your way. Just did Roux block + pair, nice and efficient, but I'm crap at block building, I can do it efficiently, but not fast. Cross (or xcross) + 3 corners = 3-4s. Roux block + pair = 6s :p

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alpha CC (was: Top Cube Gimmicks)

Alpha CC- i mean its worse than A5 and whats the point of the hollowed pieces (looks cool?) which makes it too light/fragile

Athefre

I usually post my ideas here first as a test for the response. If the response is good or if I feel there is potential, I'll continue developing it and repost in more detail in a more specific topic or create a new topic of my own if it is worthy.

H

Hershey

Random thought:

On the speedsolving wiki, Roux is said to have a 48 movecount on average. Now, if someone had 10 turns/1 second turn speed, then it would take about 4.8 seconds (pauses not included) to solve the cube. Even if someone had 9 TPS, it would take about 5.33 (pauses not included).

CFOP is said to have 56 movecount on average. If someone had 10 TPS, 5.6 seconds would be the time.

My point is that in theory, Roux might be faster than CFOP. Pretty obvious actually.