• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

Cuber987

Just got a 25.65 2BLD solve with this scramble:
F' R F' U R U' F2 R U' R'

PB with a terrible scramble
Literally did an ortega solve. Predicted face and OLL during memo, and predicted where the bar will be on the bottom. Literally just guessed how the top would look and succeeded, not even +2.

Solution:

z2 y // memo (bad scramble, let's just do ortega and guess PBL: F' L' U L face, U2 Pi OLL, bottom bar on front, can't predict how top will look)

F' L' U L // face exe
U2 F R U R' U' R U R' U' F' // OLL exe
U R2 U' B2 U2 R2 U' R2 // PBL exe (bro DNF I just guessed the top)
// stops timer; takes off blindfold; sees cube solved; PB

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just got a 25.65 2BLD solve with this scramble:
F' R F' U R U' F2 R U' R'

PB with a terrible scramble
Literally did an ortega solve. Predicted face and OLL during memo, and predicted where the bar will be on the bottom. Literally just guessed how the top would look and succeeded, not even +2.

Solution:

z2 y // memo (bad scramble, let's just do ortega and guess PBL: F' L' U L face, U2 Pi OLL, bottom bar on front, can't predict how top will look)

F' L' U L // face exe
U2 F R U R' U' R U R' U' F' // OLL exe
U R2 U' B2 U2 R2 U' R2 // PBL exe (bro DNF I just guessed the top)
// stops timer; takes off blindfold; sees cube solved; PB
rubix cub epic moment

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't get what you mean. Like what we use for each cube? Because I still use reduction method because I'm too lazy to learn Yau and I'm spending a lot of time on 3x3. Just did 150 3x3 solves just today.
what method you think is better.
I use reduction too but I see everyone say yau is better for 4x4 and hoya for bigger cubes

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh ok. I saw a video somewhere that said that both are pretty good methods, but reduction method is more efficient, and Yau is faster. They both have their pros and cons.
hmm. you remember what video it was? was it jperm? I found his video after you posted this. I'm gonna take a look.
Yau is better for 4x4 because of the fact that you don't need to look at the bottom when pairing edges, it also has a better edge paring method than reduction. At least from my experience.
but you solve cross edges for hoya too, isn't it the same thing? =\