• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Last layer scramble plugin for CCT

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

jfly

WCA
2005FLEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for the double post, but the distribution of the ll cases is not correct the way you've implemented generateLLScramble(), right? Not all OLLs and PLLs are equally likely. Wouldn't it be best to generate the last layer case and have cube explorer solve that?

gavnasty

WCA
2009VERA01
How do you get a plugin to work for CCT? I replaced the CubeScramble.class with the plugin. Is there anything else I need?

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for the double post, but the distribution of the ll cases is not correct the way you've implemented generateLLScramble(), right? Not all OLLs and PLLs are equally likely. Wouldn't it be best to generate the last layer case and have cube explorer solve that?

Although i dothink generating the case would be better, i do not think that the distribution is a problem

MW1990

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not very good with this kind of thing... but what do I do with the Cubescramble.class that you made? I mean like what exactly do I do? I replace the one in there (after I have kept a copy in the scrambleplugins folder), and I get nothing. thank you :)

hr.mohr

WCA
2007CHRI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It was a fun little project to do and I did think about selecting the cases based on their probability, but as it is only to be used for practice I found it better to practice all cases with equal probability. You should be good at all cases not just the most likely cases :)

Neo63: what are you talking about? I've done nothing to the 2x2x2 scramble method.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It was a fun little project to do and I did think about selecting the cases based on their probability, but as it is only to be used for practice I found it better to practice all cases with equal probability. You should be good at all cases not just the most likely cases :)

I think you should make that clear. There's a clear effort to produce high-fidelity scramblers, and if your scrambler doesn't generate random LL scrambles, don't call it that. I would call it something like "Fridrich OLL and PLL scrambler."

61sman16

does anyone know how the scramble generator works in terms of colour schemes, im following the scambles correctly, but i never have the same scramble, perhaps my cube is stickered incorrectly, and if so is there anyway to change the scrambles so that the side colours correspond to my cube?