• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

wiki tag?

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I sugessted this before but can't we have a special tag to easy create links to the wiki?

It would work like you put the wiki tag around a therm that has a page in the wiki and it will automaticly create a link to that page. It is really simple to create a function like that because all pages in the wiki has the same URL exept for the last part - that is the title of the page.

Examples are the pages for OLL/PLL

http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/OLL
http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/PLL

So instead of that you would write [wiki]OLL[/wiki] and [wiki]PLL[/wiki]. Or if possible shorten it to only [w]therm[/w].

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't see why thats necessary.

Hehe, to bad for you then... =) but if we had it you could easy write a text that has got numerous links to the wiki - to support you statements.

Like this:

- "I'm planning to go from the 4LLL I use in my noob method to a 2LLL, what are the common styles?"

- "Well, most people uses [wiki]OLL[/wiki] and [wiki]PLL[/wiki] but there is also the [wiki]CLL[/wiki] and [wiki]ELL[/wiki] method that is about the same in complexity and number of cases. Another way is to use [wiki]VH-F2L[/wiki] to orient the LL edges while ending F2L and then end it using [wiki]COLL[/wiki] and [wiki]EPLL[/wiki] but that is not a pure 2-look."

Last edited:

AndyK

Premium Member
This would be a huge help :)

Unresearched question: how about the cube tag? Let's get that thing working too (it doesn't work in opera and I think Conrad's Visualcube is the way to go).

InfernoTowel

Yes. Cube tags. Good idea.

Also, what if we could make the Wiki tags jump to specific places on the Wiki. For example, I just invented a new OLL. It's for OLL 21. I could tag [wiki]OLL:21[/wiki] and it would display OLL 21. I could also tag [wiki]OLL:21:8[/wiki] and it would tag the 8th OLL for that case (the one I just invented). I don't know how hard that would be to do, but it'd be helpful.

Kenneth

Not Alot
WCA
2005GUST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. Cube tags. Good idea.

Also, what if we could make the Wiki tags jump to specific places on the Wiki. For example, I just invented a new OLL. It's for OLL 21. I could tag [wiki]OLL:21[/wiki] and it would display OLL 21. I could also tag [wiki]OLL:21:8[/wiki] and it would tag the 8th OLL for that case (the one I just invented). I don't know how hard that would be to do, but it'd be helpful.

That is no problem at all because the headlines in the wiki have the same URL's as the page + the name of the headline with a "#" in between, like this:

http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/OLL#OLL_21

So to link to a specific OLL like 21, just do [wiki]OLL#OLL_21[/wiki]

Use underscores instead of the spaces that are in the headline texts: OLL 21 -> OLL_21

Last edited:

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually just changed the code to link to the search url, instead of directly linking to the page. This way, redirects will happen if the page exists, otherwise it'll show the search page for the term used.

Examples:

[wiki]cfop[/wiki]
[wiki]asdf[/wiki]
[wiki]zb[/wiki]

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Great idea Kenneth, I'm going to use this a lot :D

Unresearched question: how about the cube tag? Let's get that thing working too (it doesn't work in opera and I think Conrad's Visualcube is the way to go).

As far as I'm aware it does work in opera. If you wanted to display the alg UF it would need: