• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

LBL tips

4GO57O

uh...when I use LBL my average is around 5-6 minutes...yes I suck lol...any tips?I solve my cross on the bottom ....I have a fake rubik's cube..which turns so stiff and slow...also when I put in the corner pieces for layer 1....I still test it...I don't go straight so I loose time...and uh...I take time in the last layer simply because I use two algorithms instead of using one algorithm and doing it repeatedly..

tips?I just started the day before yesterday...well browsing about stuff...my friend named Radel can solve his 1 minute 20 seconds his cube is original...his best that is....my best is 3 minutes 49 seconds...

:(

tips aside from the ones above... but tips on improving the ones above is welcome(d?)

Last edited:

4GO57O

First thing:I know but my mom won't let me for this or the next month...I get lucky when I convince her to buy an original one for me....I might buy at cubes4you :D

Second thing: I always practice and I can solve the cube without mistakes at the least 4 of 5 times...

Third thing:well....I don't really learn most except those required but I get to do thing I want to do with those I already know...but yeah I'll learn more so I use less moves or just do it plain faster......and i sometimes 'accidentally' mix it a bit with F2L...

Last edited:
F

FU

Yes keyhole should speed you up a bit. And get a real cube if possible, or lubricate your cube with silicon spray. And what do you mean you can solve it at least 4 of 5 times? You should be able to solve it everytime! The more you practise the better you get.

But I'd highly recommend lubrication first, because you can't really do much finger tricks with such a stiff cube. Also, more algorithms can come later.

4GO57O

4-5 times because....when I just need to exchange the edges in the least layer....I sometimes make a mistake and have to restart....but I save it sometimes....but in my last 5-8 solves I didn't make mistakes :D
hmmmm...as long as it's silicon spray I can use it?

F

FU

4-5 times because....when I just need to exchange the edges in the least layer....I sometimes make a mistake and have to restart....but I save it sometimes....but in my last 5-8 solves I didn't make mistakes :D
hmmmm...as long as it's silicon spray I can use it?

Ya i think so... just dont use WD-40 i heard it eats up your cube

NOO You can't use anything that is a silicone spray. ONLY use a silicone lubricant. Silicone is used in lots of things, for example, there are cooking sprays that say "silicone spray", and my grandfather has lawn treatment products with silicone in them.

4GO57O

thanks guys...so silicone lubricant then?

guys...how long did it take you to get your LBL to sub 1 minute or around 1 minute?

F

FU

thanks guys...so silicone lubricant then?

guys...how long did it take you to get your LBL to sub 1 minute or around 1 minute?

i took around 1 to 2 weeks to reach 1:20 on ave, decided my progress was too slow then switched to fridrich.

4GO57O

hmm...found petroleum jelly and used it for my cubes....turned out my so called fake cube was a good cube but the sides were just rough so they move hard like...yeah...now it moves like a original one and the thingy in the center...the one below it is curved so when you remove the whole top layer there's like a circle?I know you know it lol...it's smooth but I still need to practice finger tricks...lol

for two days your progress is pretty good. lol. my old fake cube was stiff and it took me about 3-4 daysto reach 7min solves. then after a week i achieved 5 mins. then after a couple months, learning 3 look last layer and fridrich f2l, i finally reached my not-very-good achievement of 1:02..... :)

Kolraz

WCA
2008WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, didnt wanna make a new topic as it was briefly mentioned here.

I have tried keyhole for a couple of days now, been cubing in total for a vcouple of weeks. The keyhole hasn't been much faster. I assumed this was because i could do the algorithms faster than keyhole as i was used to them.

Is keyhole really much faster and worth getting good at?

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Personally, I don't think keyhole is really any faster for me. I can avg in the high 20s with my first method, a LBL variation. With Keyhole, my times aren't much different. I actually just came up with a different variation keyhole. Instead of doing 3 corners and filling in the edges, I think it's faster to fill in 3 edges and then do the corners with an edge keyhole. This way, you don't have to move the keyhole around to put an edge in, you just turn the D layer, to the keyhole.

F2L avg(including cross) with new Keyhole. (came up with this 2 seconds before average): 17.21 (got significantly faster towards the end.)

Old LBL method: 17.06

I had a ton of lucky case on the LBL method. One was a double ce pair insert and it ended up being 10 seconds.

The new keyhole method looks promising with some practice.

Kolraz

WCA
2008WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm yeh, seems like that for me.
I just got 1 min 41 secs with just a regular lbl method.
1 question, is dan brown (pogobat) from youtubes method considered a normal lbl method, because ive seen lbl methods that require more algorithms, should i be using those?