• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

gqTimer – the Graphy qqTimer mod that Logs and Graphs your times

AndyK

Premium Member
Hey Everyone, I'd like to introduce gqTimer, the Graphy qqTimer that logs and graphs your times.

You can find it at gqtimer.kungfoomanchu.com

This timer is currently released in beta form and is simply the regular version of qqTimer that you know and love with the added ability to save your times and display a number of them in graph form.

You can view a screenshot of the graph below:
gqTimer-login.png

gqTimer-graph.png

gqTimer-new.png
gqTimer-timer.png
gqTimer-details.png

Features:
  • You can use your Google or Yahoo accounts to login. Thus all login info is controlled by a third party (not us) and you won't have to worry about security
  • Saves not only your times, but your scrambles as well (we will keep this feature for as long as we can, though it may eventually overwhelm our server)
  • The graph uses javascript, not annoying flash
  • You can specify if your solve was performed Blindfolded, One Handed, etc.
  • You can change the interface of gqTimer to a new design

Limitations:
  • This version only will only save your times for the WCA puzzles, though you can use the timer just like qqTimer for all the other puzzles
  • This is currently in beta form and thus some features may not work properly. We cannot yet guarantee zero data loss.
  • Does not save Avg100, only saves Best Time, Best Avg5, Best Avg12 and total session data (up to a reasonable amount of times, at this point in development we do not test above 20 times per session)
  • Linux and Mac support untested

Future Development
  • We plan on adding a weekly contest feature in the near future and would like suggestions from the community to find out how to best implement such a thing
  • We plan on adding Facebook and Twitter integration
  • We plan to add the ability to specify if you solved the cube with Petrus, Roux, color neutral, etc.
  • We would like any and all feedback and suggestions that you think of. We would like to create one uber-timer with support from all programmers in the speedcubing community. We aren't trying to compete, just cooperate.

Credit – much credit obviously goes to Michael for creating qqTimer. Also other members of the kungfoomanchu.com team did much of the work for the 'cloud' part of this project.

Special Note - Please report any bugs via private message and they will be addressed, especially after June because my month of June is really hectic.

Last edited:

ariasamie

YouTube
Visit Channel
Google
Error

Forbidden
Your client does not have permission to get URL / from this server. (Client IP address: 178.173.***.***)

You are accessing this page from a forbidden country.

I can't access it because of what Ahmadinejad has done.
I'm from iran.

badmephisto

YouTube
Visit Channel
background is black in firefox and makes it look very ugly :)

could be made to look more pretty and eye pleasing! Also, small text "hit space to start timer" :) Touchups like that

looks good

AndyK

Premium Member
background is black in firefox and makes it look very ugly :)

could be made to look more pretty and eye pleasing! Also, small text "hit space to start timer" :) Touchups like that

looks good

Agreed, I didn't want to make too many changes to qqTimer because it has already proven so successful. The black background can be changed in the options, also we have an upgraded interface in the works (it just didn't make the cut yet).

Good point on "hit space to start timer", one of my non-cubing friends spent 2 minutes trying to figure out how start this puppy up. Will do.

Thanks for the comments everyone! :D

AndyK

Premium Member
yes... this is the final step to the qqtimer. I always wanted to save my times and graph them. good job

Well as badmephisto pointed out qqtimer is quite an eyesore...

Keep your eyes peeled..

I wouldn't say eyesore, just incredibly functional. I think there is something to be said about keeping the interface very sparse however