• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

"Reply by PM" button

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
Just something I would use on occasion.

I was thinking of something similar to the reply-with-quote ("Quote") button everyone uses, but would head to the PM page instead, with the post's poster in the To: field.

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
nope. click on the username, and there are several options. click send pm and start typing.

First of all, that doesn't work in chrome. Second of all, if you don't use chrome, like I said, it doesn't include the content of your post, which is the whole idea behind my suggestion.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's a good idea. To me, the advantage of doing this is that some people who are about to post some silly or stupid comment might be inclined to choose to PM it instead, which would keep down the silly and/or stupid comments that might otherwise show up in threads for everyone to endure. It might help improve the quality of the forum a bit.

Of course, that requires that people have a conscience and actually consider hitting the "Reply by PM" button instead of just posting. But it might happen sometimes, and every little bit helps, right?

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
I think it's a good idea. Would cut down on the back and forth discussions (e.g. negotiations in trade threads) that the rest of the forum doesn't need to see.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
The whole deal with chrome and the drop down menu not working really bugs me, much more than it should.

The reply by im button would be a nice touch. I agree with Mike that it would have the potential to cut down on the amount of needless posts.