• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

iiTimer preAlpha Demo

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[youtubehd]-N7XlxvFYw0[/youtubehd]

I've decided to make up an iphone OS app that's basically qqtimer for the iphone. This design is currently for iPad only, but can be made for the other devices. Just wondering what kind of interest there would be for an app like this if I were to sell it for $.99 (to cover the cost of getting it in the app store). Decided to call it iiTimer as an homage to qqwref's qqTimer, which I based this app off of.

Elliot

WCA
2009PENS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would certainly purchase this for the iPad. When do you think it will be available?

I just started it like 2 days ago, so not for a bit. I also have to really decide if I want to spend $99/year for it to be in the app store, or just distribute as a jailbroken app.

Hmm, you could raise the price to say $5 dollars. That would mean only 20 purchases would cover the cost. I would be willing to pay $5 for the app.

If you create both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch apps, will it still be $99/year? If so, creating an iPhone/iPod touch app would also contribute toward the fee.

Edam

Premium Member
WCA
2008WILL03
I would definitely buy it, for Iphone and be willing to pay more for it.
looks like exactly what I've been looking for.
I've been using qqtimer for scrambles and stopwatch so far.

will it record averages?

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you create both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch apps, will it still be $99/year? If so, creating an iPhone/iPod touch app would also contribute toward the fee.

it costs $99 to be a member of the iPhone Developer Program, which allows you to put your apps in the app store. The rest is basically free (- commission on paid apps).

I would definitely buy it, for Iphone and be willing to pay more for it.
looks like exactly what I've been looking for.
I've been using qqtimer for scrambles and stopwatch so far.

will it record averages?
It will be able to record averages and also save sessions for later recall. If I can, I may set it up to allow e-mailing a text file with the session you want to send, so that you can get times and scrambles off of the device.

Toad

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT06
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I get an iPhone (when the next gen comes out) I would definitely buy this. This probably isn't much help for you right now but I'd say up the price and app store it :)

Cyrus C.

WCA
2010COLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I get an iPod Touch (when the next gen comes out) I would buy this, if it has more scrambles than the demo did & optimal for 2x2x2, which I'm assuming you just haven't gotten to yet.

Mitch15

WCA
2009ROMI01
if it recorded averages of 5 and 12, had two touch finger control and kept record of past solves id for sure buy it for $5 or less

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
if it recorded averages of 5 and 12, had two touch finger control and kept record of past solves id for sure buy it for $5 or less

2 finger controls won't happen. Not only is it pointless on an ipod/iphone, but I am quite certain a user will start dropping their cube on an iPad if it takes 2 touches to stop it. I did think about it though. I will be hopefully adding external keyboard support though.

Hadley4000

WCA
2008SHEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel

2 finger controls won't happen. Not only is it pointless on an ipod/iphone, but I am quite certain a user will start dropping their cube on an iPad if it takes 2 touches to stop it. I did think about it though. I will be hopefully adding external keyboard support though.

I think he was talking about that of iCube Timer, which uses 2 fingers to start, and one to stop.

original.jpg