• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can anyone tell me why is it, when you have a new cube that turns very fast. And then when you lube it (let's say with 100% pure silicone spray) that it really becomes stiff for a while?

Because the lube needs to work its way around the whole cube. Which is often why after you lube it, you notice that one face turns faster for a while.

What could also be is that you applied too much lube. A cube can become very.. spongy.. tacky-ish.. zompig lol (is Dutch folks) to the feel when turning. Lubing only requires a wee bit, that is why lubix may cost a lot, but it goes a long way as it lasts a looohoooong time. :)

Endgame

What could also be is that you applied too much lube. A cube can become very.. spongy.. tacky-ish.. zompig lol (is Dutch folks) to the feel when turning. Lubing only requires a wee bit, that is why lubix may cost a lot, but it goes a long way as it lasts a looohoooong time. :)

If I use Traxxas it makes my wallet last longer.

same goes for the lubricant btw.

Spamandrice

Well, I wanted to buy a mini QJ 4x4 but my dad said no because they are probably made in china, that they are probably cheap, and shipping and handling will make it extremely expensive. I kept telling him that the site I'm buying from has free shipping and handling, and that they are the higher quality cubes if you compare them to the regular Rubik's. My dad still refused and so now we have to go to Kmart and buy a regular Rubik's 4x4 for 20 dollars, versus the 8 dollar QJ. Once I get the Rubik's, how can I make it smoother, faster, and better? People said silicon spray works but I only have silicon gel goo thing stuff. Would that work?

skittlez350

My traxxas 30k made my Shengshou 4x4 amazing, but I was wondering if it can also work wonders on a mf8 megaminx. The only other lube I have is jig a loo, so what should I use?

Well, I wanted to buy a mini QJ 4x4 but my dad said no because they are probably made in china, that they are probably cheap, and shipping and handling will make it extremely expensive. I kept telling him that the site I'm buying from has free shipping and handling, and that they are the higher quality cubes if you compare them to the regular Rubik's. My dad still refused and so now we have to go to Kmart and buy a regular Rubik's 4x4 for 20 dollars, versus the 8 dollar QJ. Once I get the Rubik's, how can I make it smoother, faster, and better? People said silicon spray works but I only have silicon gel goo thing stuff. Would that work?
Something you could do is buy the mini qj from an online store located in the usa (icubemart, cubedepotusa, speedcubeshop) If you do that, the shipping will not be more than 4 dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:

talor.roberts

YouTube
Visit Channel
Lube in Australia?

Hello,

I live in Australia, and I was wondering what the best lube is that I can buy here?

No stores stock CRC Heavy Duty Silicone Spray, but they do supply 808. Has anybody had any experiences with this?

-Talor

cubecraze1

WCA
2011OMAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
:D more Aussie cubers :D As for lube overseas online stores are pretty much it :/ because Petey just ran out of atomic lube so pretty much no one is selling lube in australia. And CRC isn't that great.

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
quick question. Which is better: Lubix or Lubicle? I've got a 2 cc thing of Lubix, and I lube my cubes with the crazybadcuber method, but recently, I've been interested in Lubicle as well... Is it worth the buy? Thanks. :)

wapo

How do I use CRC lube?

I know theres a thread on this already but how do i properly lube my guhong with crc lube?

Last edited by a moderator:

wapo

Ok. I've seen that method on youtube but i thought there was other ways. btw im still new to cubing. Still, thank you:)

Dw42s

how does everyone lube their cubes? ive tried lubricating only on the surfaces that are worn down with scratches and its working pretty good

cubeone

how does everyone lube their cubes? ive tried lubricating only on the surfaces that are worn down with scratches and its working pretty good

I lubricate mine using lubix, following CrazyBadCuber's youtube tutorial. (with one super minor difference that isn't very relevant)