• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kervin

YouTube
Visit Channel
i heard cases that maru lube dries up really quick, and sorta ruins the plastic. and for my experience, crc doesn't seem to be safe with speedcubes. Although lubix is great, but people say lubix is not for ghosthands...

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
i heard cases that maru lube dries up really quick, and sorta ruins the plastic. and for my experience, crc doesn't seem to be safe with speedcubes. Although lubix is great, but people say lubix is not for ghosthands...

Yes maru dries up quickly, but I don't think it harms the plastic.
Some people say that CRC can harm plastic, but if you have CRC and you're willing to try it out on your cube, go for it.
Lubix is going to be good in all cases. It's expensive, but it will speed up any cube.

markthema3

http://www.amazon.com/Bones-Speed-Cream-Bearing-Lubricant/dp/B000FDO2K6
Just threw a drop of this in the core of my stickerless ZhanChi a few days ago and it's like air. Can somebody who cubes a ton test how long this lasts? I'm not sure I use my cube enough to test the longevity accurately. In bearings it lasts just about forever, so it should last quite a while in a cube, but idk.

SweetSolver

WCA
2014SWEE01
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Kervin

YouTube
Visit Channel
When I have a cube that's been lubed to the core, how often(in number of solves) should I re-lube the core?
When you lose the feel on how it was lubed in the forst place, or if the cube is losing performance, that's when you relube the cube. There is no specific number of solves to relube the cube.

nickamir

Silicube vs lubix

I have recently been buying lubix, but then heard about silicube. Which one do u prefer

aznanimedude

success i found a hobby shop 30 minutes from my house that sells 30k wt traxxas, gonna go check it out later =D

Kervin

YouTube
Visit Channel
NO

How should I apply crc to my 3x3 cubes? What would be the most effective? (zhanchi and guhong)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NEVER USE CRC ON DAYAN CUBES. IT WILL KILL IT. USE LUBIX,IT's MADE ESPECIALLY FOR DAYAN CUBES! Or get shock oil from a near hobby store. I used crc, it killed my zanchi D:

Kervin

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have recently been buying lubix, but then heard about silicube. Which one do u prefer

silicube made 2 separate lubes, "fast" and "control." Lubix is pretty much in the middle of those two. If This is your first cube lube, buy a little bit of lubix, then use speed or control when the lubix wears out.
it's your descision