• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eduard Khil

Hi guys,

I just joined a few days ago and wanted to know if WD-40 Silicone will harm my Moyu Aolong?
I didn't want to put some in the Aolong because I didn't know what the results were going to be.

NO never put petroleum stuff inside. Itll eat your cube nom nom nom nom nom

BlazingDragon

So, if you people didnt know a few pages back i posted a post talkin bout a possible maru lube replacement. Well now that ive got my Hualong for a few days and have had time to mess round withthe lube, i think i have concluded my final thoughts. The lube costs 4.80 for 100ml from bunnings warehouse, you can buy it here. So the lube is called pressol diy oil, and i have to say it works quite well. The lube isnt as fast as the maru but is still very fast. The lube is runny and makes the cube considerably smoother than when using maru. So I think it might not be a complete replacement, but its a viable option. If you guys have got it tell me what you think and if it worked just as well as it worked for me.

David10000

I just got my Traxxas lube and it say on the cover that it "contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm." So, should I be worried about this, or just avoid touching/eating it?

Etkim823

i am thinking of getting traxxas lube what weight should i get or what is a better alternative?

WCA
2014HEDR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I've tried Blue Juice Valve Oil, and it makes my cube extremely fast, and then after about 20 solves, It has to be reapplied.
I mixed it with Maru Lube, and a small amount of water, and it lasts for about 500 solves, at least for me. Make sure you mix it well though, or else you just end up with a combination of colors.

Which lube should I use?

In India lubes are not very avilable..... Pls. help me what can I use as substitute of core oil , my cube is (3x3x3) Moyu Aolong v2, Can I use livon, coconut oil, almond oil (hair-oils).....

Thank You for your useful post, I have bought Maru Lube but I thing I can't use that in the cores... am I right, I will find out if shock oils are avilable here or not, Is those oils are petroleum based or silicone based ?

What if I apply coconut oil, Livon or any other hair-oils (avilable here).... I mean is it safe for my cube, those are not petroleum based? Pls. help I am just a beginer....

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Traxxas lube and it say on the cover that it "contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm." So, should I be worried about this, or just avoid touching/eating it?

California has really strict laws on labelling, and pretty much everything sold in california needs to have that disclaimer. Which is why it specifically says California on your label.
You can just do a quick Google search and learn more about it.

Don't worry, it's not harmful.

supercube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Lubix Fusion out of the box slow

I just received in the mail my first speed cube that is not a walmart rubik's. I watched the videos about the differences between all the Dayan's. my problem is that this lube is really slowing things down. I read a youtube comment that someone got a lubix fusion and wiped all the lube off the cubies + core first thing. I read other places that you should always break-in a new cube before lubing. other places suggest doing some scrambles/solves with it to work the lube around.

would it be a mistake to wipe all the lube off and put weight 1 silicone right away?

should I just play with it some more?

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
The cube is already lubed so it won't really "break in" by solving as is. Lubix has already modded and lubed the cube so the break in process isn't really necessary anyway as this process is for brand new out of the box cubes to smooth out some of the internals. I really don't like the feeling of lubix. It is a very thick lube designed for long term use. It does get smoother the longer you solve with it, but it will not hurt if you wipe it all clean and use your own less viscous lube like weight 1 like you said.

supercube

YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE: after playing with it for a few hours it is super fast. when I take the pieces out they look wet with lube. I am happy with it now so I will probably not lubricate it for a very long time. I do have some unintentional face turns now but I suppose it is probably poor technique on my part. I noticed the way I used my old cube, the finger moves were using the high friction of the rubik's brand to cover a sloppy technique.

Oricuber

WCA
2014LANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
my problem is that this lube is really slowing things down. I read a youtube comment that someone got a lubix fusion and wiped all the lube off the cubies + core first thing. I read other places that you should always break-in a new cube before lubing. other places suggest doing some scrambles/solves with it to work the lube around.

would it be a mistake to wipe all the lube off and put weight 1 silicone right away?

should I just play with it some more?

I would say wipe off some of the lube, but not all. You should also break it in, of course. I've actually had negative experiences with breaking in cubes before lubing. I prefer to do 50 solves or less and then lube my cubes.
What weight of lube were you using? And how much (approximately, of course)?

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
UPDATE: after playing with it for a few hours it is super fast. when I take the pieces out they look wet with lube. I am happy with it now so I will probably not lubricate it for a very long time. I do have some unintentional face turns now but I suppose it is probably poor technique on my part. I noticed the way I used my old cube, the finger moves were using the high friction of the rubik's brand to cover a sloppy technique.

Yeah, from my experience with lubing and Lubix cubes, you shouldn't wipe out their lube. The cube will do its best the way they've set it up, and it'll eventually run its course with breaking in and whatnot.