• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZZTrooper

WCA
2015HOKE01
I haven't bought any lube for my cubes yet, just been using whatever comes from the factory. But, I'm working on a order and wanted to ask - about what Cubicle weight is the lube that come in most modern cubes? i.e. - if I want it "a little faster" then I presume I'd get one weight lower but I don't know where to start from. Or maybe I should get the the variety pack (one each of weight 1-5) and play around with it...

If it matters, I mainly use an Aolong v2 and Yueying.

Thanks!
I have Cubicle weight one and it works well at speeding up my cubes. However, some people just get weight 4 and use that for everything. I used weight 4 on the pieces of my hualong and it works just fine. I guess any lube would do as long as you only use a bit and spread it evenly. I'm not sure what weight is the closest to factory lube as I never notice it much, but I would recommend weight 3 as it's good for everything. It's thick enough for the core and you probably won't accidentally apply too much like you can with weight 1.

Last edited:

mati1242

Mine is slow too. It has been that way from the very beginning. Even after lubing. It's annoying, and I don't think there is much that can be done to make it better.

ZZTrooper

WCA
2015HOKE01
I just got mine a liitle bit faster just now by tightening it almost like one of the old rubik's brands, followed by around 50 solves to break it in a bit, and loosening it back the the previous tensions. Kinda like the old sand in cube trick, but using the friction from the mechanism instead. Then I put a drop of weight 4 on the pieces and now it's a decent speed, but still not as fast as my main hualong.

fiftyniner

My thunderclap is without any lube at the moment. Decent speed - controllable and sufficient for my speed. But took a lot of trial and error tensioning it, what with the near-impossible-to-remove center cap.

Can't be too loose, can't be too tight.

And yes, I agree - somehow it manages to lose its original speed along the way...come this weekend, I'll probably disassemble it completely, wash and and lube it with 30k silicone oil.

viperzz33

My moyu weilong is very slow

İ bought a weilong. Out of the box it was well lube and very fast. A few days later the lube ran out and i used silicone spray, this made it slow and gummy. A few days later i cleaned it out but it is still slow and gummy. İf i looses it up it will pop. So i cleared it with water, and now its dry but still dont know if there is any residue left from silicone spray. Now the cube is super slow. İş the weilong like that when it has no lube? Will using Maru lube make is fast again? İ feel like ive messed it up.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How did you wash it with water? If you washed the core hardware, it might have rusted. Otherwise, weilongs are supposed to be really good. Yeah, silicone spray isnt good for cubes anymore. Cubicle/traxxas/maru is what most people use. Also, some pictures of the pieces and hardware would help. (This will be moved to the "is my cube/puzzle a dud?" thread in 5...4...3...2...)

ThatOneGuy

WCA
2015DENG08
İ Got a weilong a week ago. İt was very fast out the box for it was well lube. İt started to go a bit slow so i spray it with crc silicone spray 808 which apparently lubricates by providing a thing durabilen layer of silicone. I did this and it made my cube gummy. A few days later i cleared with water. I think there still some silicone left and now my weilong is very very slow. İt is dry no lube, but i think there is a bit of silicone residue. İş the weilong really slow without lube? Will Maru lube fix it? And make it süper fast again?

Use silicone lube from Traxxas or thecubicle.us. Apply to the core using this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4paID_54lQ. Putting a couple drops of maru afterwards will help speed up the cube. Hope this helps!

viperzz33

İ did not was the come metal piece on the Plastic pieces
My question is my cube ruined and should i get another or is it possible to make it süper fast again

How did you wash it with water? If you washed the core hardware, it might have rusted. Otherwise, weilongs are supposed to be really good. Yeah, silicone spray isnt good for cubes anymore. Cubicle/traxxas/maru is what most people use. Also, some pictures of the pieces and hardware would help. (This will be moved to the "is my cube/puzzle a dud?" thread in 5...4...3...2...)

How do i show a picture?

Last edited by a moderator:

viperzz33

İm on me phone so i cant. My question is, how slow is the weilong without lube? İf it is stil fast then my cube is stuffed

Knut

WCA
2016PETE11
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your cube should be fine, but it will take a little while for the residue from the silicone spray to wear out. Another thing you could try is washing the pieces with dish soap or something else used to wash off grease. Otherwise just plain water won't do a very good job removing the silicone spray.
I used a Weilong as my main for a couple of years and had to do that a couple of times. :p

viperzz33

İ wasted it with soap its a lot faster now But still not fast, i guess it should be fast önce lube with Maru. However it keeps poping and catching im guessing because its dry?

viperzz33

Will Maru lube fix the catching, i mean 2 drop of Maru lube is not enough to wet the whole thing or will it? İt pops because it catches and my tensioning are loose, like when i corner cut hard, it catches, then the edge comes of.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Oh god, I think I've ruined my moyu skewb
I accidentally added too much weight 2 and no matter how much I wipe off it's still slow.
What should I do?