• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

uvafan

WCA
2012LIFL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Brest posted a reconstruction of my 12.64 avg5 in the Youtube Winter Competition Thread, so you can add those splits to the old spreadsheet if you would like.

aznanimedude

3.5/7, halfway to completion and i'm back to the kinds of times i had before i started, w00t that's kind of an accomplishment i suppose

coldsun0630

YouTube
Visit Channel
I just made a method. It is a ZZ variant.
orienting edges in first two layer → 2x2x3 on back → 1x2x2 on FL side with orienting edges → Last F2L with OLLskip → PLL

Here is an example

Scramble: F2 D2 L' F2 R' F2 L' U2 R F2 U' L2 F R F L U2 B2 U B R2 (21f)
x2 // Inspection (0f) [0/50]
L' F D' R2 D F // F2EOCross (6f) [6/50]
D' F2 D' R U' R' U' L2 D2 R' // Back 2x3x3 (10f) [16/50]
y' R U' R' U R' F R F' // ZBF2L (8f) [24/50]
R U' R2 U' R' U R' U' R' U2 R' // F2LL (11f) [35/50]
U' L' U' L U L F' L2 U L U L' U' L F // PLL (15f) [50/50]
alg.garron.us

Do you think it is good method?

Last edited:

Petro Leum

WCA
2012KALH01
3.5/7, halfway to completion and i'm back to the kinds of times i had before i started, w00t that's kind of an accomplishment i suppose

cool, now stop making progress posts if you wont explain what you mean anyway.

EDIT: btw, after zeroing those jokes are not funny anymore ;)

Last edited:
WCA
2013LLEW01
I just finished watching the Kitten's youtube tutorials on the ZZ method and I am dying to start. Planning on being sub 30 within a couple weeks (current avg 18 cfop). Is there any specific anyone can give me about the method you wish you knew when you started?

WCA
2012CHIE01
I just finished watching the Kitten's youtube tutorials on the ZZ method and I am dying to start. Planning on being sub 30 within a couple weeks (current avg 18 cfop). Is there any specific anyone can give me about the method you wish you knew when you started?

Well I knew this but EOLine is hard at first, and just practice it a lot. Give yourself as much time for inspection as you need to plan stuff out. Try being efficient in ZZF2L and not just using all CFOP F2L-like techniques. Have fun!

nickvu2

WCA
2007VUNI01
I just made a method. It is a ZZ variant.
orienting edges in first two layer → 2x2x3 on back → 1x2x2 on FL side with orienting edges → Last F2L with OLLskip → PLL

Here is an example

Scramble: F2 D2 L' F2 R' F2 L' U2 R F2 U' L2 F R F L U2 B2 U B R2 (21f)
x2 // Inspection (0f) [0/50]
L' F D' R2 D F // F2EOCross (6f) [6/50]
D' F2 D' R U' R' U' L2 D2 R' // Back 2x3x3 (10f) [16/50]
y' R U' R' U R' F R F' // ZBF2L (8f) [24/50]
R U' R2 U' R' U R' U' R' U2 R' // F2LL (11f) [35/50]
U' L' U' L U L F' L2 U L U L' U' L F // PLL (15f) [50/50]
alg.garron.us

Do you think it is good method?

If you were able to speedsolve that solution I'd be really impressed.

Seems easier (and faster) to just do full EO rather than partial EO, not to mention you have to also finish EO in a later step. Overall, is appears harder and without any advantage.

That said, I'm excited that you're exploring...it's what moves cubing forward =)

Zelda

YouTube
Visit Channel
No, I understand that and so on, watched it a few times, what I don't get is that specific case, why is that edge bad? Just for the record rules are (copied from vid):

#1: (Top and bottom layer): Any edge containing w/y on the U/B is good.
#2: (Top and bottom layer): Any edge containing w/y on the R/L is bad.
#3: (Top and bottom layer): If edge has no w/y, then if b/g on R/L is bad, r/o on R/L is good.
#4: (Middle layer): Any edge that has w/y in F/B is good, w/y on R/L is bad.
#5: (Middle layer): If edge has no w/y, then if g/b is F/B is good, R/L is bad.

uvafan

WCA
2012LIFL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Look for all the rule checks. And he says a lot of edges are bad in that video probably, if you're really confused tell us the colors and where the colors are.

aznanimedude

the way i learned bad vs good edges was from cride5 zz page

spoken from the orientation of blue/green front and then white/yellow top and bottom the bad vs good is like this

in the edge on U and D, and the middle eges on F and B, if the edge color is red or orange, it's bad, if it's blue or green, it's bad if the other color on the edge is yellow or white

but yeah for me, i know that edge is bad because the color on U face is red, by those rules you listed, it's the last aprt of rule 3, where r/o on l/r is good, since red is on the front edge, it's bad, not good