• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YJ 3x3 speedcubes

daniel0731ex

New YJ 3x3 Cubes

So recently YJ came out with several new 3x3 cubes, and some people are unable to tell which is which. I was also confused, so I went to do some researching about them.

anyway, here are the 3x3 cubes that YJ is currently producing:
(These names are trasnlated from Chinese, so it may sound a little bit silly)

YJ Standard 3x3
Basically The Type D we are familiar with. There used to be a wide chioce of colors, but it seems that YJ only sell the white ones in physical stores.
I'd rather call it Type D without the "1"; I think we should respect the company's naming for the other cubes, unless it's some un-understandable codes.

YJ 3x3 Speed Edition VVGOO-1
What we used to call "Type D-II". The Chinese name is " YJ Sealed Mechanism Gen. 1"
This cube is a standard 3x3 with sealed pieces. It have even the unecssesary parts covered.
Personally I prefer to call it "YJ Sealed First Model" (or D1S, if you think it's too long) rather than D2, because YJ have made several other "sealed mechanism" cubes, and it would probably ecome messed up like the Type A naming if we use the old name.
(PS: The white one on popbuying is not the same cube as this one.)

Alpha-YJ Sealed Mechanism Speedcube I
Alpha once made an collab cube with YJ, called "國駿" In Chinese.
I haven't done much research on this cube, but the pieces is a little similar to the F2.
This cube is sort of the improved verson of the D2S; this cube is regarded as the best YJ 3x3 cube currently, from the reviews i read.

YJ 3x3 Speed Edition VVGOO-2
I think many people have this cube mixed up with the D1S (previously D2) because of popbuying. This is nobody's fault, it's just that we did not know this cube exists. This is what the White one on popbuying is.
I'd like to call it "YJ Sealed Second model", or D2S:D

YJ 3x3 Speed Edition VVGOO-3
An unknown cube. On the official website it says that the size is 6.5cm x 6.5cm x 6.5cm.
YJ's third "sealed" cube; I call it "YJ Sealed Third model" (D3S)

YJ "Finhop" Champion 3x3
This is a knock-off of the Alpha mini cubes, but they basically made it regular sized. r_517 posted a thread about this and two other cubes (Weirdest claim ever seen).

YJ Crazy OH Cube
YJ's mini cube for OH. copied from the Alpha V.

YJ "Finhop" Tiled speedcube I
Alpha III-SV knockoff

Pictures:

YJ VVGOO-1 (previously called "Type D II")
145b.jpg

dsc02110l.jpg

dsc02111r.jpg

dsc02112kh.jpg

dsc00792np.jpg

ap20090625094348294jpg.jpg

ap20090625094306881jpg.jpg

ap20090625094131797jpg.jpg

ap20090625094221717jpg.jpg

YJ VVGOO-2 (Stefan's pictures from speedcubes.net)
package.jpg

peek.jpg

edge.jpg

corner.jpg

frame.jpg

center.jpg

fittings.jpg

Alpha-YJ Sealed Mechanism Speedcube (Pictures from here)
img3480c.jpg

img3481f.jpg

img3482w.jpg

img3483i.jpg

img3484e.jpg

Compare with Alpha III-SV (Left: Alpha-YJ...Right: AIII-SV):

img3485a.jpg

img3486.jpg

img3487z.jpg

img3488c.jpg

Last edited:

stinkocheeze

So are the "finhop", "crazy OH", and "tiled speedcube" KO's?

and the cubes belong in YJ, not Ghost hand on popbuying?

Last edited:

MPCstore

YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's a couple pics. It's good to check sizes also, some are standard 5.7cm size (sealed and/or removable caps), a mini 5cm version, and a larger 6.5cm version.

YJ 3x3 Speed VVGOO-1 (normal size, sealed, adjustment screw under each centercap)
YJ_3x3_Speed_Edition_Cube_1st_gen__11614_zoom.jpg

YJ 3x3 Mini Speed (small 5cm size, removable caps, adjustment screw under each centercap)
YJ_3x3_Speed_Edition_5cm__73762_zoom.jpg

WeNG

YJ 3x3 Speed Edition VVGOO-1 (D1S) is the best YJ Speed Edition.
It's became my primary cube now. IMO it's better than Sheng En F2 (for me..) because its balance on weight and the ability (cut corner, anti pop out)
I've tried both black n white based, but black is more solid than white one. But white more overturn (like type F1 probably). I prefer black than white based.

YJ 3x3 Speed Edition VVGOO-2 (D2S) really lightweight, but it just doesn't fit my fingertricks huuhh... May be if there is black based version. it will be much better (which i could find it anywhere..)

One question, is type D is Yong Jun original design or it's just another knock off (especially VVGOO family) because i can't find the 'original' one (if it exists..)

Last edited:

daniel0731ex

Did some minor edit in the original post.

Is type D is Yong Jun original design or it's just another knock off (especially VVGOO family) because i can't find the 'original' one (if it exists..)

hmm...i can't believe that new cubers these days only know things like Ghost hand or FII etc, and never heard of the Type D & other "old" DIYs before...

anyway, this is a type D

(this is actually also a type D, but Stefan made a mistake on the name)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Did some minor edit in the original post.

Is type D is Yong Jun original design or it's just another knock off (especially VVGOO family) because i can't find the 'original' one (if it exists..)

hmm...i can't believe that new cubers these days only know things like Ghost hand or FII etc, and never heard of the Type D & other "old" DIYs before...

anyway, this is a type D

(this is actually also a type D, but Stefan made a mistake on the name)

lol i was the other way around, when i went to buy my second cube (F-II) i was like "what's this". I searched for reviews and only found stuff that was like "it's great/good".

mbart9

like i said before, if anyone knows where to get an alpha-yj sealed mechanism speedcube 1, I would like to know where (preferably on the internet). Not any other yj cube, just that specific kind.